How much do you think the UFC offered Nate Diaz to finally fight again?

I honestly think that's way too low for Nate Diaz standards. Unless like I mentioned earlier he's running out of money and has to take this fight for financial reasons.

I don't think he's much of a baller and doesn't he run some BJJ schools?

i dont care about how much nate gets paid. i just hope poirier gets paid well.

There's certainly indications that they are interested. You know UFC has a star returning when an article on them returning goes up on MMA Fighting and it has hundreds of comments with in an hour. The litmus test for a star is to see the social media, media and fan reaction. This is not Conor big, but it is big. Heck, GSP said Diaz or McGregor were the money fights he was seeking......if GSP is chasing a lightweight, they are a big draw.

Fair points I guess. But it's not like we don't have a pretty long history of fan interest in Nate Diaz to draw upon. Prior to Conor, he was known of course but he was not packing houses. Shit, the UFC had him on as many fight night cards as they did PPV cards.

I heard he was offered nothing but a ticket to the exclusive club of "eskimo bros".

IF those starts align. I can see Diaz beating Poirier, however I can't say the same for McGregor beating Khabib.

I can see why the UFC likes the match-up though. Because most of the outcomes can lead to the Conor Trilogy fight. If Diaz and Conor both lose, they can fight. If they both win, they can fight for a title. If Diaz wins and Conor loses, they can still make the fight. Really the only outcome set that does not lead to a trilogy fight is if Conor wins and Diaz loses.

10 bucks and some shatter.
Pfft, they probably agreed to let him market whatever weed venture or CBD type shit he's gonna need after he fights Poirier.

Fair points I guess. But it's not like we don't have a pretty long history of fan interest in Nate Diaz to draw upon. Prior to Conor, he was known of course but he was not packing houses. Shit, the UFC had him on as many fight night cards as they did PPV cards.
That's a fair point too, tho Diaz always said he would be a star if UFC let him main event and gave him promo. His ratings were always good, but not super star good. I guess, in a way, that turned out to be true when he sold 600k more PPV's than Aldo Conor and 400k more than Conor Eddie.

I've a feeling as a main eventer, after getting the Conor shine, he sells better than any current UFC fighter (save Brock, GSP, Conor, Jones/DC grudge match) but still only nets around 500 k PPV's at most. Only time will tell. Will be interesting how the PPV sales are affected if UFC puts some chick fight as the headliner, as I'm positive headlining with Nunes hurt Brawk at UFC 200.

Cannabis-Weed-Uruguay-Grow.jpg
Yep, and its probably only made so if khabib or conor pull out they have a legit replacement.

That's a fair point too, tho Diaz always said he would be a star if UFC let him main event and gave him promo. His ratings were always good, but not super star good. I guess, in a way, that turned out to be true when he sold 600k more PPV's than Aldo Conor and 400k more than Conor Eddie.

I've a feeling as a main eventer, after getting the Conor shine, he sells better than any current UFC fighter (save Brock, GSP, Conor, Jones/DC grudge match) but still only nets around 500 k PPV's at most. Only time will tell. Will be interesting how the PPV sales are affected if UFC puts some chick fight as the headliner, as I'm positive headlining with Nunes hurt Brawk at UFC 200.

Yeah. So fucking hard to predict PPV buys right now. When Cormier-Stipe/Nhannou- Lewis only does 400 K buys.

If Diaz-Poirer co mains with Luke-Weidman, I'd say any PPV buys over 325-350K or so you could put down directly to Nate Diaz.

I agree. Dare internet posters say...$500,000 isn’t enough money for Diaz

He’s tasted $1 million and he knows he has some leverage
You forgot about the ppv points I putted behind it. UFC 230 is gonna be stacked so he's gonna make at least a million from those points I think.

And wether you like it or not, Nate is only a little bit of a draw. He can't carry a card on his own like Conor can.

Back