HOw many people use Front Kicks/Axe kicks?!

Front kicks are an awesome kick, my last fight my opponent was constantly rushing in and I scored an easy knock down with a front kick to the chin. They are really good for keeping someone at bay but you have to be careful not to over use them because they aren't that hard to defend. As for axe kicks I've never really liked them, sure they can hurt if they land flush but so can any strike. The problem with axe kicks is that theres so many ways you can get hurt doing them, you're on one leg, it's easy to get swept and you often land in really bad positions.

Eduardo R. said:
Front kicks are an awesome kick, my last fight my opponent was constantly rushing in and I scored an easy knock down with a front kick to the chin. They are really good for keeping someone at bay but you have to be careful not to over use them because they aren't that hard to defend. As for axe kicks I've never really liked them, sure they can hurt if they land flush but so can any strike. The problem with axe kicks is that theres so many ways you can get hurt doing them, you're on one leg, it's easy to get swept and you often land in really bad positions.

Do you usually aim for the face when performing the front kick..I usually go right for the breadbasket..just a larger target and it really takes steam out of your opponent?

pat smith early ufc knocked the guy across the octagon with the best front kick ive ever seen

I like to use front kicks too, but you have to be fast enough when executing so your opponent can't catch your foot and sweep you...

hell yeah I use it.

I have a front kick that aims for head but going straight out like a cannon,
instead of an upward snap like Mirko or Bas does.

I learned it in TKD.

I also use various types of Axe kick to throw people off.
It looks like I missed a High Round House kick but it arcs back dropping it on temple.

Front kicks - awesome.

Axe kick - sometimes you can knock people out but it's more of a flash kick. But it actually works pretty well, and once landed, you can break the other guy's rythem which is pretty good if you were having a hard time with him. But of course never over use it... keep it a straight MT kickboxing match, and then all of sudden boom! Axe kick. It will surprise the other guy.

Axe kick is good to blend in especially if you have solid head kicks

regarding front kicks there great teeps are good tp keep people away and rear legs are good for power axe kicks can be good if used corectly but you have such few opertunities to use them and not great ko power i use them to scare away people who are rushing in but i dont like them really

I use axe kick on those being cautious or counter fighters, I blend it with my other kicks
and keep them guessing.

If they rush in, I'm running or landing a stiff counter, not throwing axe kicks for me.

I use them a lot to set up other techniques. You know, to open them up by forcing their guard down.

I love using axe kicks, its something thats kins of uncommon so it tends to throw people off. I've been using it a lot recently with a low roundhous kick feint as a set up then bringing the leg up across the body before powering it down towards the head. Even when it does'nt work you always seem to get a "what the hell, that was an axe kick" style pause where i can usually get a take down.

I LOVE the4 front kick to the chest and myt new instructor has taught me how to put alot more snap and power into it..when you put a nice front kick right in someones chest it just takes the steam right out of them

I use both during all my fights. Just make sure the axe kick comes down hard so he cant grab it

Rob Kaman has a wicked front kick. Probably my favorite front kick is from him.

TapSD said:
I LOVE the4 front kick to the chest and myt new instructor has taught me how to put alot more snap and power into it..when you put a nice front kick right in someones chest it just takes the steam right out of them

Could you elaborate on the technique?

parallax86 said:
dood unless ur point fighting iv found crescent kicks to be completely useless.its just not possible to get enough power on them. i do dig front kicks though

left foot forward

step as if to through a side kick off your left foot

bring the foot up and complete crescent kick (inside out) using momentum from step.

2 results: a) knockout!
b) opponent in defensive position and you're power (right) leg is in position for round kick to thigh/body/head.

Have fun with it!:D

When I was first playing with kickboxing, I picked up Jean Yves Theriault's book...

He suggested using the axe kick to clear your opponents guard...like, drop it short, knock the hands down painfully and use the foot plant to step into a big headshot, overhand right or whatever...

I dont know if youguys have Feitosa (K1 heavyweight) but he has been punishing guys with both his front kicks and Axe kicks.

He kicked Goodridge right in the teeth with a front kick and knocked out a mouthfull of them
it was ruff.

Cro Cop used a few Axe kicks effectivly agasint Hunt...

furious_styles said:
I dont know if youguys have Feitosa (K1 heavyweight) but he has been punishing guys with both his front kicks and Axe kicks.

He kicked Goodridge right in the teeth with a front kick and knocked out a mouthfull of them
it was ruff.

I forgot about that! Thats right. He's friggin brutal. Does anyone know what style he trains in?

Back