HOw many people use Front Kicks/Axe kicks?!

Soulfly said:
I forgot about that! Thats right. He's friggin brutal. Does anyone know what style he trains in?

Kyokushin

teep kicks are like a jab for me. i always check my opponent with them. if i get good contact, i can follow it up with a knee, or flying knee if there's enough distance.

if you're off balance, just teep the heavy bag (not a thai bag) and alternate your feet. make sure you make contact when the bag is coming towards you, not while its swinging away. dont forget to push your butt and hips into it, if you do muay thai.

I find front kicks to be very effective during sparring, though axe kicks aren't something I do too much.

KEMPO COMMANDER said:
pat smith early ufc knocked the guy across the octagon with the best front kick ive ever seen

i remember that kick.....brutal

I like to use front kicks to lead into a combination. Since I don't have much of a reach, throwing my leg out and protecting my head forces some of my longer armed sparring opponents to defend their mid section. I step forward when I do it to close in on the distance, and sometimes I can get off a few punches quick enough to get them past their gloves.

I think that a thrust front kick (I assume you are talking about the thrust variety) should be thrown mostly in defence. The same way Bruce lee used lead leg side kick. If you throw a front kick and push the person back, you better be very quick to follow with another kick or punches. But if you need to stop them or push them away to get some space, and get out of disadvantaged situation, than go for it.

Evidence of the effectiveness of front kicks

http://www.filecabi.net/video/karate-kick-owns.html

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.filecabi.net/video/karate-kick-owns.html"></param><embed src="http://www.filecabi.net/video/karate-kick-owns.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I was sparring with one of my homies in a YMCA and nailed him with a front kick as he rushed in and separated his rib from his sternum. He couldnt lift more than 5 pounds for like 3 weeks. :cool:

YEP!
Front kicks are great for combo set ups or even a takedowns.

But I like to do front kicks also targeting the knees.
If you hit them on the right angle your opponent will kinda buckle.
Thats your time to step in and feed it to him and rearrange his face!!!!!

The lead leg front kick to the lowest part of the belly, below the bellybutton, just above the crotch can really sap the life out of someone. Also with the heel onto the thigh is a charly horse waiting to happen if your timing is good.

I am not opposed to shoving it in someone's face either or a hard shove in the chest but the low ones are so easy, hard to see coming and the risk of stubbing a toe on the opponent's elbow is low.

I love axe kicks but not front kicks, just don't get that many chances to use them

Front kicks are great for a rushing apponant axe kicks are sh,it in MMA and will get you hurt apart form axe kick to a body when there on the floor

Back