How many people are converted Bisping fans?

Always been a fan, he was the big-name Brit when I started watching and Ive always enjoyed watching his fights - I think Ive always been neutral when calling them too, I dont see him as ever holding a belt. But he's a consistent top contender, and will be for a while.

Bisping has his fans. mostly Brits.

But he inherited a ton of scared Anderson fans who are his most vocal 'he deserves a title shot' voices because they are desperate to pad the rest of Anderson's defenses in his career with stylistically easy strikers while avoiding any potentially stylistically difficult grapplers.

I'm a big fan in the sense that he speaks his mind, and keeps things interesting. Whether that gets more people rooting for him or against him is a separate issue, but he at least is entertaining. The sport's getting a little too vanilla for my taste. It needs guys like this.

I went the other way... I was a fan (and picked him to win TUF), but then it went to his head and I pretty much didn't care for him after that.

That being said, I consider him the top MW contender and he's paid his dues... if he beats Belfort, he deserves his shot.

I'm pretty surprised to see how many people seem to have come around to Bisping. Everybody gets so worked up about undeserved title shots and whatnot, Bisping has been handed more than any other fighter in MMA history. He has headlined four cards(will be 5 after this weekend), he's been the co-main event 7 times(often against a handpicked opponent on huge cards like Rampage v. Rashad), coached TUF twice, etc. and this guy literally just picked up his first top 10 win in his last fight. Against a questionable top 10 guy. It was literally his first win over somebody that Sherdog had ranked in their top 15 at the time of their fight. Meanwhile he's been ranting about title shots for what seems like years, making public cases against everyone but him getting one, denying all his losses, etc. The combination of his entitled attitude and the amount of undeserved exposure he's been given in his career is sickening. He appears to have actually turned into a legit top fighter(still don't think he's as good as most do) and I find him to be funny every once in a while now that he doesn't seem as bitter all the time, but I can never be a fan or bring myself to root for him in a fight. I despise how he's been handled and the way he's carried himself throughout his UFC career.

Did you know that that scene is based on an actual thing which happened to Stewart Lee? And then the stalker guy went on to become a radio host (Christian O'Connell).

..trivia fact of the day =]

Is that actually true? Because if so that actually makes the scene even better than it already is.

I'm pretty surprised to see how many people seem to have come around to Bisping. Everybody gets so worked up about undeserved title shots and whatnot, Bisping has been handed more than any other fighter in MMA history. He has headlined four cards(will be 5 after this weekend), he's been the co-main event 7 times(often against a handpicked opponent on huge cards like Rampage v. Rashad), coached TUF twice, etc. and this guy literally just picked up his first top 10 win in his last fight. Against a questionable top 10 guy. It was literally his first win over somebody that Sherdog had ranked in their top 15 at the time of their fight. Meanwhile he's been ranting about title shots for what seems like years, making public cases against everyone but him getting one, denying all his losses, etc. The combination of his entitled attitude and the amount of undeserved exposure he's been given in his career is sickening. He appears to have actually turned into a legit top fighter(still don't think he's as good as most do) and I find him to be funny every once in a while now that he doesn't seem as bitter all the time, but I can never be a fan or bring myself to root for him in a fight. I despise how he's been handled and the way he's carried himself throughout his UFC career.

So much this, excellent post.

I love how people are now crying that less people hate Bisping than they used to. Sherdoggers really are a bunch of little girls sometimes.

Get your head on straight, TS. Bisping is an excellent fighter and he deserves all of his fans.

I like how he parts his hair like a little boy.

Pity? It was pity that stayed Bisping's record. Many that have fans deserve not to. Some that don't deserve to have fans. Can you give it to them, 613MMAfan? Do not be too eager to deal out fandom in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Bisping has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bisping's record may rule the fate of many.

Gandolf.....?

I was a long time bisping hater for his rude antics and arrogant ways but I now respect him a little. I still don't like him and probably never will but I do respect him a little now for the things he's done lately.

he's willing to fight any MW to get a title shot unlike weidman and even talks shot about one fighter while waiting to fight a next. also he beat chael sonnen (imo)which surprised me

Becoming more of a fan.

He is pretty funny.

Use to be a hater now im a fan and hope he beats Belfort convincingly.

Bisping got me to not hate him as much. I'd say that's pretty impressive from what I first thought of him.

Or rather I should say, Hendo gave me enough satisfaction to stop being pissed at everything Bisping says.

I don't have the time to hate any fighter so no. I enjoy his fights, he's entertaining outside of the cage and not afraid to speak his mind.

I've been a big bisping fan from day one. Still am and not planning on that changing.

Bisping will beat vitor and give Anderson much more than people expect.

Back