How many of you were injured by an armbar?

My bicep minor is no longer attached to my pec due to an armbar.
He had a kimura grip and spun, I rolled to escape the wrong direction and bam.

My elbow popped once, and now anytime I bend my elbow past about 90 degrees it pops. It becomes very painful/loud when doing lifts like skull crushers, so I cant do those.

Over the span of 2 years I'd have ot say I've probably had 3-4 minor injuries where my arm would be sore for a few days to a week.

Ive only been injured once and it was of course my own fault. I got caught in a triangle and started to stack pass and before I changed my posture, my training partner transitioned into an armbar that I thought I could yank my arm out of... Stupid me, I popped my own elbow and yelped loudly. The tendons on the side of my elbow were f*%&@d for about 2 months. TAP EARLY AND TAP OFTEN!!!

Popped by a kimura from the North South. Very painful for 2 weeks, all better in 8 weeks.

Pulled bicep on therightfrom defending them. Hyperextended elbow on the left.

Just thought of a new question to add to the mix.

Of all the guys who have had their arm hurt with an armbar, what color belt was the guy who hurt your arm? Has anyone had any problems with blue belt or higher, or has it been only the silly white belts?

I've had my arm cranked once and it popped twice. It hurt when I tried to bend in inward for about 4 months then just went away. It probably would have healed faster if I didn't continue to train twice a day five times a week. I just used my other arm.

I've never had it hurt with an armbar per se, but in a tournament when I was a white belt I got it hyperextended. We were standing working from standing I was moving to a body lock from teh side , my opponent had my arm behind his back with a weak overhook and it most have caught on his other arm as we were moving and he was trying to break free, that arm got extened and I felt it pop and wiggled it out. I don't think he even realized. It ended hurting after the tourny for about a week and slowly got better, but nagged me for about a year.

Once or twice, very minor though. A bit sore the next day, no worse.

I have never been injured from an armbar (I tap fast). The worst i have had is broken toes, black eyes, and ringworm (that sucks the worst).

Back