How many of you have watche Carmouche's Fights?

She's going to get armbarred immediately.

I enjoy the debate. I also enjoy you keeping my thread up. And there is some obvious butthurt in here regarding the Championship fight getting the headline spot, despite the likely sure thing that Hendo didn't want the 5-rounder (Honestly, in the history of Hendo, when he wants something, he gets something. He said he was fine with bein the Co-main).

But I like that you're keeping this thread afloat.

Also, props to Konster... just hating it up and not making excuses.

Sure I like a debate too and I'll happily keep your thread up... I hope it benefits you in some way...
I agree for Hendo it's a good thing that he is not main event and wouldnt have to fight a 5 rounder... 5 round fight just helps Machida.... but that doenst change the fact that the main event is terrible... I have seen couple of Carmouche's fight and she is alright but she is getting the title shot becuase the WMMA is just not deep enough yet and doesnt have enough talent.... I'll still watch the card if I am not doing something else but it sure is a shitty main event..

That caught my ear too. No worse than "Thugjitsu" though.... I find both funny and dumb at the same time. Also, that camp just likes to be silly as f#ck about the name. The camp is literally called "Team Hurricane Awesome. The Camp of Awesomeness".... I guess Marines don't have to take it serious, lol.

The roster is growing, but yeah, its thin. 116lbs has actually grown rather suddenly, and could be the best division right now. But with the average Sherdogger and American/Brit male not liking the 125lbs male division, there's not much hope of them paying attentino to 116lbs. The 135 honestly isn't bad at all, but Ceasar Gracie's camp and the 209 crowd kindof control it right now, and its causing some bottle-neck problems for title-runs.

What does the Gracie camp have to do with that? Can't be that much of a bottleneck with so few girls even on the radar these days.

Sure I like a debate too and I'll happily keep your thread up... I hope it benefits you in some way...
I agree for Hendo it's a good thing that he is not main event and wouldnt have to fight a 5 rounder... 5 round fight just helps Machida.... but that doenst change the fact that the main event is terrible... I have seen couple of Carmouche's fight and she is alright but she is getting the title shot becuase the WMMA is just not deep enough yet and doesnt have enough talent.... I'll still watch the card if I am not doing something else but it sure is a shitty main event..

The main event is set up to pull in the rising female audience (especially hispanic women and military women). I doubt Scarbourough has done numbers on the LGBT female community and MMA interest, but I can almost guarantee you taht is growing as well.

So you have an olympian vs an LGBT marine of the women's division that is geared to the demographic that is growing, with two mainstays of the mens division that have hard-core appeal and who always put on great fights as the Co-Main to keep to the old-guard but faltering men's division. Seems like a smart strategy to me.

I don't want ot pretend I know what's going on at UFC's big-boy meetings; but if you ask me they likely said "The guys who love hendo and machida will bitch but buy the card anyway. We have their money. We need something that appeals to the growing demo...... How about Ronda. Who should she fight? Well Let's pull in the Marine." Meanwhile, Dan doesn't want a 5-rounder so they shuffle him to Co-Main and really promote the hell out of the "best woman in the world today".....

Seems legit to me. You guys will still buy it. If you don't you're hurting Hendo and Machida's wallet.

I'm all for you guys bitching. But who gives a damn about the order of the fights, especially when you have a Champ fight for a new demo as the only title fight.

What does the Gracie camp have to do with that? Can't be that much of a bottleneck with so few girls even on the radar these days.

Pineapple Head D'Alelio , Leslie "Chick Diaz" Smith, and Alexis Davis are all in contention and all work with the 209ers. So you have Liz as the only non-used contender at 135 right now. After that you have the three 209ers.

Though its very possible D'Al will just stop training with them. She's works with other camps primarily. And pretty sure Smith would fight her mother for a belt.

I have watched several of them. She is not in the same league as RR. Brutal armbar finish. She is actually open to triangle chokes a lot too.

I've seen her fight with Coenen, and while we're on the topic, I really want Coenen to come over to UFC.

This is the fight I remember most, with Coenen looking like a ameteur while on her back (her attempts to get Carmouche off of her with a pro-wrestling two legged reversal...over and over?).

Unless she pulls a Matt Serra, I see Rousey winning this as soon at it goes to the ground.

Has she ever beat anyone with a winning record? Saw someone mention that and am to lazy to look it up.

Back