How many of you have watche Carmouche's Fights?

TicoMMAfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering, as I keep seeing a lot of complaining and griping about Ronda and what Ronda ways etc....

However, I have a feeling most of you don't know much about Carmouche or how she's at all deserving of the fight. I know most of you are never going to be okay with the ladies getting that headline position on the PPV; however, if you haven't see Carmouche fight, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

And of course, some of you will just hate no matter what. That's fine too. Just giving you a chance to know what you're hating on.

thanks, but I fail to see anything in her game that suggests she's got a chance in hell. her stand up was barely average, and she doesn't have a chance against RRR on the ground.

Good post, at the moment she's the only logical contender with her having won two straight and Miesha Tate only just recently losing to Ronda, Sara McMann not having enough fights under her belt, Kaufman just being destroyed by her and Cat Zingano not quite being ready.

I don't think she stands much of a chance though, her wrestling wasn't good enough to take down Kaufman and I doubt she'd be able to take down Ronda either. She also isn't a hard enough hitter to KO Ronda.

It'll still be a good fight though

I havent felt the need of watching the vids of Liz's last wins since I have seen the records of the two girls she has actually beaten.

thanks, but I fail to see anything in her game that suggests she's got a chance in hell. her stand up was barely average, and she doesn't have a chance against RRR on the ground.

R3 is just on another level right now. Bo Jackson was on another level back in the day. It happens sometimes. But you can't just stop giving them challenges or opponents. The world would explode if she fought men at 135lbs, so you have to give her women, and Liz is the most well-rounded opponent who hasn't fought Ronda yet.

More than anything I was just giving people a chance to see who they're s#itting all over.

Liz is quality, and quite a physical specimen, plus a Marine. Just wish she'd get a little more respect or moderate talking points noted about her. Although, Ronda doesn't even get respect so....

I havent felt the need of watching the vids of Liz's last wins since I have seen the records of the two girls she has actually beaten.

And this is the kinda crap I'm talking about. Watch the fights instead of sitting around judging. Learn something about the fighters rather than making shit assumptions. Men's MMA was feast and famine on records back in the day. Hell, you stil have guys like Barry in the UFC who don't have the most impressive records. It doesn't mean their not dangerous.

Women's MMA is just now blossoming, and lots of women are single-style who are just now begining to round-out (like Kaitlin Young). That doesn't mean they aren't quality and don't deserve respect.

I mean, obviously you're far better at MMA a more accomplished than they are... but be play nice.

Well, all I know that her fight against Coenen was pretty rad.

We shall see if she can put up any resistance against Honda.

I've seen 3 of her fight and I like her but she's losing.

I would love an upset but it just isn't happening.

Well, all I know that her fight against Coenen was pretty rad.

We shall see if she can put up any resistance against Honda.

What makes its more impressive is she took that fight on 11 days notice. Everyone was shocked at how the first 3 and half rounds went. I can't see her doing anything to Ronda though, theres no female out there that will beat her.

liz kinda lost me with the "lisbo" bs. dude, just fight! i don't care about the social agenda, etc. but i applaud her warrior spirit! takes balls!

liz kinda lost me with the "lisbo" bs. dude, just fight! i don't care about the social agenda, etc. but i applaud her warrior spirit! takes balls!

^^ I see what you did there at the end :)

I'm not a fan of the pushing social agendas either. I don't like it when Bendo does it with his God stuff. I don't like it when Rockhold does it with his marine stuff. So I don't like it when Liz does it with her LGBT agenda.

But I do love the fights, so I can just push mute when she starts talking.

The amount of stupidity on here regarding this fight is amazing. Carmouche is a massively bigger challenge then some idiots make her out to be

The amount of stupidity on here regarding this fight is amazing. Carmouche is a massively bigger challenge then some idiots make her out to be

In general, it's one of those inference/hindsight things.

Ronda has an unstoppable takedown/top-control game right now. That's all people know, is the top-control to armbar. Unti lsomebody stops it or has to really fight for another submission/finish, everyone will say she's one-trick. Meanwhile, anybody she beats will be "an example of how shallow WMMA is" instead of giving Ronda props.

It's general sherdoggeryand life in the heavies.

And this is the kinda crap I'm talking about. Watch the fights instead of sitting around judging. Learn something about the fighters rather than making shit assumptions. Men's MMA was feast and famine on records back in the day. Hell, you stil have guys like Barry in the UFC who don't have the most impressive records. It doesn't mean their not dangerous.

Women's MMA is just now blossoming, and lots of women are single-style who are just now begining to round-out (like Kaitlin Young). That doesn't mean they aren't quality and don't deserve respect.

I mean, obviously you're far better at MMA a more accomplished than they are... but be play nice.

Blossoming? Yes

Mature enough to headline a PPV card over guys like Machida vs Hendo? HELL NO

What would a dominant win of Liz on a girl with a LOSING record would tell me? It would tell me to go see the last time a guy got a titleshot in the UFC after beating up two guys with LOSING records in another org. And I would find nothing or I'd have to go back in 1997...lol

Listen Im not saying women doesnt belong to the UFC, Im saying that WMMA should be introduced slowly and carefully, not force fed down our throat like that, we ALL know that if Ronda would be ugly we would not even be speaking about it right now. Liz said HERSELF she was hired to lose this fight. I wish she will put the upset just to see Dana's face, but not because I think she is a great, accomplished fight YET. Eventually, the WMMA sport will become more popular, more girls will try, more accomplished fighters will appear and it will mature and become ELITE as the men are right now compared to what MMA was 15 years ago.

Ask yourself, why is MM defending his title on a FOX card instead of a PPV card? Because FLW's hasnt matured enough already....they are slowly building them up hoping a few spectacular fights will create a hype and make the division grow. They should do the same with girls. But no, Ronda is sexy, therefore, put them above all else...lol

If the PPV doesnt bomb and actually does good sales, it will be mosty because of many douche casual fans who'll buy the card because Ronda looks good, not giving a single flying fuck about Liz, btw.

Thats my opinion about the whole subject.

I bought almost every single PPV since...UFC 124 or something. Wont buy UFC 157 even though my fave fighter is part of it.

Blossoming? Yes

Mature enough to headline a PPV card over guys like Machida vs Hendo? HELL NO

For how long are we going to be butthurt over this? Hendo doesn't care when he goes on. The hendo/machida fight is still happening, and you can always turn off the PPV.

Hendo doesn't want a 5-rounder. Machida probably would be fine with it. But I'd rather see them go three anyway (that's just personally). It's a title fight, so it goes 5.

The PPV would be the same, but sans the Ronda/Liz fight. So you guys got another fight on an otherwise finished card and you're bitching.

Those guys pushed down to the prelim are still on FX, with arguably more people seeing them, and will get paid what they were going to get paid via their contract. Nobody is losing out on money.

Meanwhile, you get to see two top talents in a new division, which is being pushed directly due to the fact that the number of women (hispanic especially) are starting to watch MMA more and more, while the male casual fan starting to drop off.

Watch Liz's talent. I could care less how you feel about the MMAth of the records like Kaitlin Youngs. She is a top-talent striker who has transitioned into MMA. Sorry he isn't Joanne Calderwood regarding the success of the transition.

i've seen her fight back when she took on Marloes and both invicta fights... she is a gorilla but Rousey by Armbar

Better to just not watch her previous fights and hold on to that fantasy of a competitive fight.

Back