• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Many Fights Have You Seen That Were Better Than Conor/Nate 1

Yeah I remember Connor ordering Herb to stand the fight up while he was being split open with elbows. Such a disgusting act by herb company man deane.

come on man this is sherdog, thats all you got? no more teeny bopper insults? sheeeeeeeet
No. I'm more interested to know why you watch UFC shows if you think fights are fixed. Might as well take that white belt to the WWE network. Stop trying to get your message counts up by spouting bullshit.

Yeah I remember Connor ordering Herb to stand the fight up while he was being split open with elbows. Such a disgusting act by herb company man deane.

True, but to be fair I think at one point Mendez was complaining about elbows he thought were illegal.

Garbage list. Only surprised that Bonnar vs Griffin wasn't still being billed as the best fight ever, which was also a joke.
If it happened in Pride, Sherdog would be agreeing that it was the greatest

The Diaz 2 fight had everything.
Massive stakes, even though no title was on the line this was a must win fight for Conor if he ever wanted to fulfill his ambition of being an eventual 2 weight champ, losing that would massively have hurt his stock.
One hell of an exciting fight, you had the drama of Conor looking like he was going to get an early finish, you had Nate coming back strong looking like it was going to end like the first fight before Conor had to dig deep to get the win and answer the question of whether he had the heart for a 5 round war which he answered emphatically in this fight.

It was a great fight, but the 4th round was a huge letdown after the amazing first 3. Nate and Conor both pretty much took the 4th off to rest

I don't remember Herb standing them up

Plenty other better fights but it was still great to see.

Was Aldo Mendes 2 in the fox list?

Fox/UFC ranked McGregor/Diaz 1 as the 2nd greatest UFC fight of all time, and then ranked the rematch as the greatest UFC fight of all time. I'll ignore the 2nd fight because IMO it was a legit great fight (but if you want to talk about it, go for it). I'm a relatively new fan but have gone deep on fight pass to learn the history of the sport. I also love watching a McGregor fight - he always steps up in the spotlight and his matches are always entertaining - but are we serious about him being involved in the 2 greatest UFC fights of all time?
How many of you would rank McGregor/Diaz 1 in the top 25?

i loved seeing conor get strangled but there are a million fights more exciting. im not saying it was a bad fight, it was entertaining, but theres so much crazy shit that has gone on in fights. what really happened? nate took some damage then started taunting conor, rocked him and choked him? nate takes damage in every fight, taunts all his opponents, has finished loads of guys.

some classic fights which imo were just classic fights -

rory vs lawler 2
cain vs jds 2 and 3
cain vs brock
dillashaw was amazing in the barao fights
dc vs henderson
dc vs gustafsson
cowboy vs yancy
swanson vs doo ho choi
i know not everyone agrees but i loved the two lawler/hendricks fights as well

even something like brock vs overeem offers much more in terms of sheer spectacle than a couple of LWs fighting wat welterweight for no good reason

i just wanna finish up by saying as i always do that nate vs conor 2 was fucking garbage. ive never seen nate look so bad in a fight, he has said that he was injured going into it and if you look at his weird stooping stance from the very beginning its obvious, it looks like he has a lower back or knee injury, something structural that is seriously compromising him. lets all clap as we realise that the best ufc fight ever features conor literally running away and refusing to engage on 5-6 occasions. i think the knockdowns are bullshit too and its clear that conor agrees, he knew that nate wasn't stunned by those shots in the slightest. nate sat down and got right back up.

shit list, just an advertising feature, a puff piece.

My reaction to Conor/Nate being ranked anywhere near the top 50 fights ever:

796586347-Half_Baked_huh.jpg

Between Strikeforce, UFC, and Pride. I don’t know maybe a few hundred.

Better fights I watched live from the top of my head:

Silva/Sonnen 2
Silva/Stann
Shogun/Hendo
JDS/Hunt
Randy/Nog
Aldo/Mendes 2
GSP/Bisping
Jones/Gus
Lawler/MacDonald
Swanson/Choi
Hunt/Bigfoot
Edgar/Maynard 3

However, both Diaz/McGregor fights had tons of excitement from outside, which was great.
But the fights themselves weren't THAT great, especially the second one (the first one had the upset factor).

Plenty.
If it were ranked in terms of buzz and shock factor. I would say its one of the better ones.
But not the best fight. Fun fight for sure.

Arlovski vs Travis brown for pure excitement and holy shittiness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back