How Many Fights Have You Seen That Were Better Than Conor/Nate 1

yeah I suppose, herb dean did sort of end the fight weirdly early, the stoppage itself wasnt necessarily early but he look prepared to stop the fight way before it needed to be.

Not just that, but when I see a fighter has a clear path to victory at a certain moment and then fails to make it a reality, it's just a bit strange. Guys like Gaethje don't count because he is clearly insane and insisted on standing and banging with Alvarez, but sometimes it just feels like fighters throw fights.

The Mendes fight was way to fishy for me. Big surprise Dana USADA'd Mendes afterwards since he probably promised God knows what.
I didn't know so many people felt this way about the fight, but theres a lot of ya's so maybe something was suspect.

The Mendes fight was way to fishy for me. Big surprise Dana USADA'd Mendes afterwards since he probably promised God knows what.

Dana applied that skin cream to Chad while he was sleeping to cover up that the Mendes vs McGregor fight was fixed? I think you might be on to something.

The Diaz 2 fight had everything.
Massive stakes, even though no title was on the line this was a must win fight for Conor if he ever wanted to fulfill his ambition of being an eventual 2 weight champ, losing that would massively have hurt his stock.
One hell of an exciting fight, you had the drama of Conor looking like he was going to get an early finish, you had Nate coming back strong looking like it was going to end like the first fight before Conor had to dig deep to get the win and answer the question of whether he had the heart for a 5 round war which he answered emphatically in this fight.

When you go full turtle in an MMA fight that is signalling to the ref that you are done, a good ref will always stop it at this point.

I've even seen interviews with big John where he says he warns the fighters if he see's it the fight is over.

As for how good McGregor's fights where, I would rank them like this.

1. McGregor vs Diaz 2
2. McGregor vs Diaz 1
3. McGregor vs Mendes

Out of them McGregor vs Diaz 2 is the the one that is right up their with some of the greatest fights ever.

Those are really the only fights where his opponent has made a fight of it.

The Diaz 2 fight had everything.
Massive stakes, even though no title was on the line this was a must win fight for Conor if he ever wanted to fulfill his ambition of being an eventual 2 weight champ, losing that would massively have hurt his stock.
One hell of an exciting fight, you had the drama of Conor looking like he was going to get an early finish, you had Nate coming back strong looking like it was going to end like the first fight before Conor had to dig deep to get the win and answer the question of whether he had the heart for a 5 round war which he answered emphatically in this fight.
you're right in the sense that watching it live was really really intense but looking back on it retrospectively it isn't going to age as well as some other fights, similar to Stipe vs Ngannou watching that live was insanely intense even in the later rounds the first 10seconds Ngannou looked like he could KO Stipe but that fight wont age well because it isn't a fight you can watch over and over.

Both Conor vs Nate fights being number 1 and 2 is ridiculous enough (personally Lawler vs Mcdonald is easily the greatest UFC fight of all time) but what I find more silly is they aren't even Conors best fights, for me Conor's most exciting fight was vs Chad Mendes, it wasn't some insane fight but something about that fight was really special (coming from a guy who doesn't really care about Conor) and that was the fight where Conor became Conor, that was the beginning and I don't think Conor could ever surpass that moment, I think its bigger than the Aldo 13seconds, both diaz fights and the superfight with Eddie.

UFC 189 is the best event ever

I didn't know so many people felt this way about the fight, but theres a lot of ya's so maybe something was suspect.

I will stop thinking it's fishy the day they mention stuff like that (and a lot of others in regards to Colin), as quickly as they bring up that he was on "antibiotics", or "blew out" and "injured" his knee.

UFC 189 is the best event ever
yeah ufc 189, 205 and 217 are my favourite events ever, I think the newer cards are objectively better then the pre UFC 150 cards.

Dana applied that skin cream to Chad while he was sleeping to cover up that the Mendes vs McGregor fight was fixed? I think you might be on to something.
Almost, but the truth is much more sinister and homoerotic than your theory. I have fantasized about this a lot and I am writing down my conclusions.

The fight which makes the most money is not necessarily the best fight - these are two different things.

Evidence: Mayweather vs Mcgregor.
However, when you combine the two together, it is something special. Heck, the best fight to ever happen probably happened between two brothers in some Oklahoma corn field, but no one saw them. There are guys all the time that put on fights like Conor Nate 2, but the fact it was the highest selling event ever and delivered so greatly made it just an incredible fight and worthily high ranked.

Jung vs Porier is an all time great, but it's against Griffin vs Bonner in the first round....

Also, yeah this bracket is complete bullshit. The McGregor vs. Diaz fightes were amazing, nut they weren't top seeds.

For me Shogun vs Hendo, Rory vs Mac, Jones vs Gus & Hunt vs Silva are the top seeds.

With so many epic fights, to sort the top five or so you have to go with the "epitome" factor.

And nothing, nothing in this world epitomizes this sport like Shogun Hendo I

The Nate Conor fights were great, but only the first one deserves top five and neiher are the best ever, people, please.

Maybe not most exciting, but the Brimage and Holloway fights were my favorites. I prefer when Conor fought that way. It was a more complete style, and he didn't exhaust himself as much.

However, when you combine the two together, it is something special. Heck, the best fight to ever happen probably happened between two brothers in some Oklahoma corn field, but no one saw them. There are guys all the time that put on fights like Conor Nate 2, but the fact it was the highest selling event ever and delivered so greatly made it just an incredible fight and worthily high ranked.
Two guys fighting in a field aren't high level, unless they are Sherbros obviously..

The event is worth something, sure...but if i want to sit down and watch serious high level MMA and an exciting contest - Mcgregr vs Diaz isn't close. Great fights though but Nates not at the highest level.

Cody vs TJ for example was much more interesting for me in that front.

Silva vs Stann/Shogun Hendo - Brutal best fight ever

Machida vs Rua/ Randy vs Nog - technical best fight ever

Back