How many exercises should i do for each muscle?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ironkhan57, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

How many exercises should you do for the shoulders, legs, triceps, and back? Im not looking to get really big im just looking to get big enough for mma so how many exercises should i do for those muscles?

2. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

3. NurseKnuckles

NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

I'd do 3. if you do 4-5 you might get too big, and big muscles in MMA doesn't work. If you do 2 you might start to atrophy because the muscles aren't working enough. Make sure though that you have plenty of oranges pre, during and post workouts. I've found the citrus works to enhance the burn, which means your muscles are growing.

4. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Thanks for actually answering the question the retard above you just gave me a link that didnt answer my question so 3 exercises per muscle my friend told me the biceps only need 1 exercise tho is that true?

5. NurseKnuckles

Selling the biceps short with one exercise is like showing up to a sorority party with one condom. Yeah you might get laid once, but wouldn't it be good to get more?

I would even go so far as 3-4 , but no more. I would use different angles too. so for instance, bicep curls, hammer curls and then reverse grip curls. That way all the bicep gets worked.

6. btwrestler119

btwrestler119 Green Belt

Also, make sure each exercise only works one muscle at a time. No compound lifts! You don't want to be a meathead do you?! As for the biceps, you need 3 exercises for those. If you don't, you could tear them when putting maximum power into a punch.

Definitely listen to Nurse (he is super jakt) and eat the oranges, I like to eat a teaspoon of black pepper before every workout to prime my muscles for gainzzz.

7. JauntyAngle

JauntyAngle International man of mystery

I have an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine, that dispenses random citrus fruits at random times of the day. Citrus Confusion has proven to be even more effective than eating oranges.

8. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

There are 640 skeletal muscles in the human body. So somewhere between 0.01 and 0.03.

9. JauntyAngle

JauntyAngle International man of mystery

New fangled workout programmes. In my dad's time, everyone did reps that were strictly integers. Now you have all these workout with real numbers, complex numbers, imaginary numbers. Where will it end?

10. btwrestler119

btwrestler119 Green Belt

Jaunty, I understand your point, but citrus confusion can be costly and time consuming. I think he should just stick to oranges and black pepper and use the money he saved on dat der Celltech.

11. NurseKnuckles

Don't listen to these retards, Khan. They're making fun of me right now because I do eat a lot of organges. Citrus fruit has helped me stay lean and still bulk. Some things work for some and not for others.

So, he wants MMA fitness. He should really think about more of the exercises for punching power. He's got some curl exercises. What about the calves, Khan? You need to push off the mat fast when punching and calves are important.

12. ironkhan57

ironkhan57 Brown Belt

Will orange juice be okay cause i dont like the fruit orange i like orange juice better?

13. belph

belph Pissing into the wind.

Three Oranges.

14. NurseKnuckles

I agree, Belph. pre during and post. Dolce gave me that one.

15. belph

Poor man roman swings too

16. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever

Dude you need to push through your limitations. You have to start somewhere so maybe start with mostly orange juice but eat some small citrus like a mandarin or clementine. Work up to a full size orange and then two oranges etc while slowly lowering the amount of juice you drink. This is called linear progression and is very important in your development.

Also, if you get muscle soreness the next day after lifting this is called DOMS. Delayed Orange Muscle Soreness. The best way to treat it is by crushing an orange rubbing it on your sore muscles. The acid from the orange will absorb and react with the acid in your muscles, reducing soreness. The vitamin C also helps with recovery.

17. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

18. btwrestler119

btwrestler119 Green Belt

Fruit orange is more effective, but orange juice will work as long as it has pulp.

19. belph

Lolno. Son, you gonna learn today.

20. btwrestler119

btwrestler119 Green Belt

Back when I lived in Unalaquet, Alaska we couldn't get no fruit oranges. So I drank orange juice with extra pulp and I got a wicked nice 6 pack.