How many days a week do you train?

And based on what I have seen and heard other people train, I guess I have a lot of natural talent. Because I hang in the expert division and fight amatuer mma. However if I want to get to the next level I need to change my shift at work.

3-4 times a week.

2 times BJJ (GI) *Garaunteed)
1-2 times MMA.

5 or 6 One hour classes followed by 30 mins of open rolling (sometimes we stay even later)

figure 9 hours a week....

5 days a week consistenly...do not spar everyday but a least do technique

I do for sure MWF class with 1 hour grappling, 1 hour muay thai back to back

T and TH I either go to the gym and Run / light ground & bag work or if I am not feeling very bruised up I will go to grappling and muay thai classes at night.

Sadly I can't go as much as I would like to anymore.

For a while I was doing usually 3 classes of BJJ and 2-3 Judo practices a week. But then I graduated school so I lost the Judo team and now I live quite a distance away from the BJJ club. I don't want to switch clubs though because I am hopefully moving to a new place in September that would be much closer and allow to get back there like 3-4 days a week.

2 classes of bjj and maybe a day of muay thai or free rolling or somethign

So far this week its been the following for me:

Sunday: Weights and Cardio
Monday: Weights 12:00pm - 1:30pm BJJ 5:30 - 7:30
Tuesday: Weights 12:00pm - 1:30pm no gi 5:30 - 7:30
Wednesday: BJJ 5:30 - 7:30PM

The rest of the week looks like this:
Thursday: Weights and cardio 12:00pm - 1:30
Friday: Weights and cardio 12:00pm - 1:30 --then attend Strikeforce BJJ
Saturday: Weights at 9am followed by openmat bjj --drilling positional escapes and rolling around for 1.5 hours
Sunday: rest?

i do 2-3 days a week not much but i also have 2 days a week of off -season wrestling and cross country practice 5 days a week(to get in shape for wrestling of course).
In total i average about 13-16 hours of training a week.

I've been averaging 3-5 times a week for the hour classes, but that's because I have a 20 mile commute to my gym.

All that's going to change since I'm moving on the 1st to a place 3 miles away. Thus, the new plan is to bike to class at noon everyday and lift 30 minutes after, then come back on Monday and Wednesday nights for the power block - 1 hour MT, 1 hour boxing, and 90 minutes of BJJ.

I'm so going to be dead the first week I try this.

i train everyday.

it gets kinda annoying and somewhat embarassing when everyone in my dojo asks me: "do you train everyday"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back