How many days a week do you train?

Oldguy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am curious about how many days a week most of you train? Most of the time, I get 4 days in. Sometimes, I go to class 3 times.

When we live train, matches are typically 6 minutes. I try to get 15 matches in a week.

What do you feel you need to be doing to keep improving?

I do anywhere from 3-6.

That's about what my body can take, and I like to have a social life.

I usually only do 2.... we have monday wed and friday classes and i'm always out and about on fridays :p

3 times a week, unless I am training for a tournament, in which case I train 5-6 times.

10 minute rounds, usually 4-5 fights a class. And I call them fights cuz at my club guys go all out unless they are way better than me, in which case they don't have to!

I shoot for 5 days a week, but a more accuracte measure I think is hours per week, because alot of times I will do two classes a day. I average about 12 hrs of BJJ a week

Sadly only two days a week IF I'm lucky. Our club only meets twice a week and even then sometimes I can't always make it because of work.

I dropped to 3 times per week, anymore and my body was getting toasted.

I actually count it a lucky week if I can hit BJJ 3 times, and boxing 3 times.

I do BJJ 5 times a week and judo 2-3 times...heavy bag stuff at home...

I shoot for 5 days a week, but a more accuracte measure I think is hours per week, because alot of times I will do two classes a day. I average about 12 hrs of BJJ a week

thats actually the smartest thing I've heard from a white belt in a long ass time. I do anywhere from 6-16 hours a week of jits.

At least 2 a week. I try to go as often as I can. But I've found that anything over 4 days a week consistently really tears me up after a month or so.

I usually will also just take a full week off every two months or so or I end up hobbling around the office like an 80 year old man.

It sucks getting old.

When i first got out of the Marines like 2 months ago i was training like an animal, twice a day usually for like 6 days.

Sadly only two days a week IF I'm lucky. Our club only meets twice a week and even then sometimes I can't always make it because of work.

The same here. Luckily I'm moving soon, and should be able to get at least four sessions in a week.

3 days BJJ, 2 days Kyokushin (1 day 2 classes)
Hopefully my conditioning will catch up soon in BJJ so I can do more than 1 class per day.

usually 2 times, 3 times if im lucky. the judo boys all have clashing class schedules so things are messy atm.

Back