How low would UFC PPV buyrates have to go for them to change their PPV strategy?

I'm sure they're concerned now but no changes so I think if they ever go below 100k they should be getting their shit together. I think it's the fact that they put on too many events a year. That means less stacked cards, injuries to fighters training constantly, and more money for us to pay per year. That last one is a big one for me. I used to buy every ppv when they had them every month or two but with these watered down cards I'm a bit more hesitant to buy.

I'm sure they're concerned now but no changes so I think if they ever go below 100k they should be getting their shit together. I think it's the fact that they put on too many events a year. That means less stacked cards, injuries to fighters training constantly, and more money for us to pay per year. That last one is a big one for me. I used to buy every ppv when they had them every month or two but with these watered down cards I'm a bit more hesitant to buy.

But here's the rub of sorts: if Fox is offering you a check that would essentially guarantee you at least break even on every event you run for them (2 million just for putting a show vs 1.2 mil and whatever your fighter pay is), wouldn't you give in to their scheduling?

Back