How long have you done BJJ?

infamous mattyd said:
thats the thing, you never get good...just suck less
i guess ur right. but when everyones owning u, now thats a different story. it just pisses me off. I feel like shit.

Going on five months.

odin87 said:
i guess ur right. but when everyones owning u, now thats a different story. it just pisses me off. I feel like shit.
We all got our assess handed to us at first. But as you continue you will see how deep your determindation goes

odin87 said:
You just got to hang in there and practice your technique. I was also a target dummy for about three months until I started submitting people who were going full throttle. It helps to train a little every day. Even if you are not at the gym or school, you should run or drill (shrimps, hip extensions, sit-ups, push-ups, etc...) for 30 minutes - 1 hour on your own to increase your conditioning and reflexes.

I have been training no-gi for about 8 months now and with a gi for about 3 months too.

odin87 said:

you're going to get your ass kicked for a long time dude. it's a very competitive game. get used to it... but soon enough you'll be tapping out the noobs.

odin87 said:
2 weeks and I still suck... its pissing me off.

What else do you expect? Everyone is still going to suck after 2 weeks, and for some time after. It's not just you, don't worry about it. Just look at it as extra reason to train.

I've been doing it about 10 months now.

Back