How long have you done BJJ?

well, as peter north said...

"you can party with me, but it's a long, hard ride."

you can liken that to BJJ. it's a great sport, but it's definitely a competitive and difficult sport. good luck.

i was just joking btw for anyone that took the above post seriously.

4 years, 4 months at BJJ. I started the week of September 11th.

PLus 7 years at Judo. Plus 5 years of high school wrestling.

2 months. I've had 8 lessons. I have not submitted anybody as of yet. I have come pretty close with a a guillotine but even though I get beaten a lot I really enjoy it! I would like to think that everytime I go I at least become slightly more difficult to submit. I prefer the no gi stuff more than the gi because I don't actually own one!

odin87 said:
2 weeks and I still suck... its pissing me off.

Why do people think that they can do anything BUT suck, after having done ANY sport for only 2 weeks?

You don't need words of encouragement. No offense, but you NEED to get your ass kicked like you have been getting, because if you're getting pissed off about sucking even though you've only been doing BJJ for 2 weeks, you have the entirely wrong attitude.

BJJ has a very slow and gradual learning curve.

coming up on 2 years (3 days a week)
I still suck

I started the start of november and now im tapping out much less but have yet to tap anyone out.

odin87 said:
2 weeks and I still suck... its pissing me off.

There probably isn't one person here who didn't suck after only 2 weeks, I've been doing it a year and I still wouldn't say I'm good at it (I do suck less than when i had only been doing it for 2 weeks though)

3 months...I get tapped out at least 3-5x a class, and I get a sub maybe once every 2 weeks. I love it. I'm learning to get used to losing, not getting pissed off, but it's hard. Patience and humility become easier to achieve, when you get your ass handed to you all the time.

Back