How long for Conor to get a legit black belt in BJJ?

Laertes

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
He seems to have been working a lot on his ground game so I was curious on how long it would take for him to reach a legit black belt-level given that he continues to work on his BJJ at this intensity.

I thought his McGregor belt was better?

$_35.JPG

If we're talking a legit black belt.

I'd say about 8 years or so.

Conor is a brown belt, I expect he will get his black belt sometime next year.

Numerous high level guys have commented on how good his BJJ is, it's really just a haterism that he's poor in the ground.

Wow, that's a heck of a long time. I was expecting something like 3-4 years.

The Gracie system before a select few sold out was notoriously hard and people dedicated huge chunks of their childhood and adult life to reach black belt status.

Last edited:
Yeah, better take an anonymous Sherdogger's word for it who's never trained with Conor. 100% factual and correct.

I'm not taking his word for it. I'm just trying to create a discussion and give the person who wrote the post a chance to present me some more convincing arguments.

My inside sources tell me that Could have one already but he will not accept it yet. He's training with a world champion now though so he's probably a 2nd degree black belt atm.

Yeah, better take an anonymous Sherdogger's word for it who's never trained with Conor. 100% factual and correct.

{<huh}

I've lived the Mac life brother, i know what it's like to turn lanky, bike riding, balloon animal aficionado bums like you into millionaires.

He could do it in the next couple years, assuming he works hard at it.

Surprised the UFC haven't issued him one already.

I'm not taking his word for it. I'm just trying to create a discussion and give the person who wrote the post a chance to present me some more convincing arguments.

I feel you homie, my personal take on your questions is that if we're talking a legit black belt under a practitioner with respectable lineage then he'd have to put in a solid stint of more than 5 years.

The Gracie system before some members sold out was notoriously hard and people dedicated huge chunks of their childhood and adult life to reach black belt status.

a little fix to be more accurate brother

Back