How long does it take you to go to work?

Work from home so however long it takes to walk from my bed, coffee on and then turn the laptop on.

25-35 minutes. A few guys that work with me drive 90 miles one way.

3 hours each way? ? That's freaking insane. I don't understand people who drive more than like 45 minutes each day to work(with some exceptions, for example if you have kids and don't want to move them to a new school; or perhaps a wife with a job closer to home).

I used to live about an hour away from my work. But I decided it makes more sense to get a place closer to work--even though it's a small town--because I'd rather drive 1 hour each way to go out, which is probably 1-2 times per week, rather than to drive 1 hour each way to work which is 5 times a week.

I purposely bought a house 6 to 8 minutes from my work.

In the GTA it's all about housing costs.... If I tried to live in the area I worked then my house would cost three times as much. Not worth it for an hour and 10 min drive each way.

3 days a week 20 to 25 minutes each way. 2 Days a week 90 minutes each way. the 90 minute days are brutal but on the bright side i get paid mileage.

going from home to my job, 30-40 minutes.
going from my job to home, 50-60 minutes.

that includes the 10 minute walk to the train station each way.
going to work is quicker since i take the railroad instead of the subway. i take the subway back home.

20 min to an hour. Depends on 95 traffic. I only live 11 miles from my work.

About 20 seconds - the time it takes to walk from my bedroom to my home-office.

20 mins in the morning
25- 30 on the way home

7 minutes to work, about 45 to school.

I did 2 hours each way when I worked in the city.

I currently live about 80km from my job, but I only go in twice a week - If I drive, it takes about 1.25 hours, if I take the Go Bus, 2.5 hours.

Come April though, I may be taking up a position back in the downtown core, and I am eyeing places that are literally 150 meters from the building. I refuse to do multi hour commutes anymore, it ruined my quality of life and made me a miserable person to be around.

20 minute walk each way.

work? ain't nobody got time for dat!

I have a small, 600 sq.ft., office with outside entrance at my house.

Every morning I start my car pull-out of my driveway, pull back into my driveway, shutoff my car and go into my office. If I left my car outside of the garage, the night before, it might take a few minutes to brush the snow off my car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back