How it is possible to sleep belly up?

My wrestling coach in high school told me to sleep on my stomach so I would subconsciously always fight to not get pinned and not feel comfortable on my back. yeaa.

I always thought it you slept on your back you would die.

Not even joking.

I can only sleep on my back when I'm dead tired. Other than that it needs to be on my side or on my stomach.

There's a sweet spot between on your back and on your side. I wake up in it a lot and its so comfortable

90% of the time I fall asleep perfectly laying on my back completely flat.

Y'all ever wake up with both arms having fallen asleep?

Hilarious flappings required to remedy that situation if sleeping alone.

If I fall asleep lying on my back I usually awake with a start pretty fast and I get that scary falling sensation. Only times I had no choice but to sleep on my back was when I busted my ribs cos the pain was too much to lay on my side.

It isn't the best position, it's a bullshit myth that gets propagated for some reason. If you google it researchers suggest the best position is the one you feel most comfortable in but in fact there's growing evidence that sleeping on your back is bad for you, breathing issues, etc. More evidence now suggesting side sleeping is how most humans sleep best.

LOL

Yeah, 'scientific research' will uncover all sorts of bullshit. Think about it for a second - sleeping on your back will damage your health - does this not sound like bollocks to you? Our backs are designed for lying on FFS - they're flat and everything. We're not China fucking dolls, we don't break from the touch.

34 years sleeping on my back, no breathing difficulties.

Bunch of ill fuckers ITT, get ill from sleeping.

A little gassed from typing; that's normal, right?

I start on my side but end up on my back after a while.

mainly sleep on my sides, sometimes I can pass out belly-up, sometimes belly-down, not opposed to it I just don't end up there often

I find it impossible to sleep belly down.

It's either on my back or on my side.

Sleep paralysis.

No one sleeps on their back except grossly obese folk.

I sleep stomach down, one arm up, one down, usually a knee up on the upward arm side. It's the only way to go.

Same way that I do. I can't sleep on my back, that's how you lay in bed while watching TV or reading a book. But when it's time to sleep I have to flip over to get shut eye.

I've had shoulder and neck issues in the past so sleeping on my back is a must. The only problem is snoring can be an issue.

Back