How is Volkanovski too fast for featherweights but too slow against a lightweight?

Mark my words , that little manlet is going to get kicked in the head by everyone he faces from here on out and he will go to sleep again .

Mark my words , that little manlet is going to get kicked in the head by everyone he faces from here on out and he will go to sleep again .
Anyone who can't wrestle Volk will just grab the leg and TKO them with ground and pound

I'm really baffled as to how Volk practically has ultra instinct against the likes of Korean Zombie and Max Holloway who is one of the GOAT FWs, yet Islam caught him multiple times in the first fight, then again with 2 head kicks in the second fight.

I don't get it.

Takedown threat and size difference. Volk is still the faster fighter when he is fully prepped, but Islam adjusted beautifully with the head kick.

Interesting thing was Volk was doing well in the grappling exchanges we saw. He unfortunately didn't prep enough for the striking side of things and Islam capitilized.

Muslims are built different. No white boy has a chance.

Anyone who can't wrestle Volk will just grab the leg and TKO them with ground and pound
I just watched the fight for the fourth time, Volk landed zero significant strikes , said he can’t be submitted and wanted to go home early . I guess Islam believed him . He didn’t try to submit him and sent him home very early . Haha

Look at him and Chad Mendes standing right by each other. Around the same height and bodily proportions (legs, torso etc) and yet Volk was listed as 71 1/2 reach vs Chads 66 inches. Volk should be able to touch his knee caps from a standing position.
According to the ufc website, chads leg reach is 37.5 to volks 36. And if you’re invoking chad to say volk has short arms then I just can’t see your side of the argument at all, volk so obviously has longer arms than chad

You know how height a lot of time is BS? You can't trust fighter reach stat either. Volk is listed as having more reach than Islam which is unlikely considering the height discrepancy. Your limbs are proportionate relatively to the rest of your body.

Islam was beating him to the punch cause he had more reach

Tayshaun Prince played for the Pistons and his wingspan was 7'2" and he was 6'9".

You know how height a lot of time is BS? You can't trust fighter reach stat either. Volk is listed as having more reach than Islam which is unlikely considering the height discrepancy. Your limbs are proportionate relatively to the rest of your body.

Islam was beating him to the punch cause he had more reach
Go tell that to Artem T-Rex Lobov.

Reach is probably a factor. When you are fighting a good striker who is taller and has longer limbs, you have to be that much quicker to get at them.
Came to say that, plus the power difference makes it more apparent when he is hit. It’s not like Max was unable to touch Volk he just didn’t have the power to hurt him whereas when Islam connects clean it’s trouble for him.

Islams better than those guys, and Volk didn't have a proper camp and just had surgery. The result isn't really that surprising.

Islam manages distance very well. He's rarely in hitting distance unless you step forward and if you do step forward he counters you. He was doing the same to Charles and he had a 4 inch reach advantage.

Back