How is this even possible!?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I noticed Cody Durden wiki and I was reading how when he is not training for a fight, he is working as a construction worker:

Screenshot_29-4-2024_184445_en.wikipedia.org.jpeg

I don't get it, how is this even possible!

He is a UFC fighter with a relatively decent record in modern times and he still has to work a day job and in construction which depletes your energy all day!

I thought fighters with his record at least make 60 to 100 k a year no?

Is the pay crap or is the cost of living that is out of hand?

EDIT:

I am not demeaning construction work in terms of a persons value. I am saying its tough on the human body and for a career MMA fighter, its best to have an occupation on the side that is easier on the nervous system since these guys injured like crazy since MMA is a tough grueling sport and so is construction.

Last edited:
I noticed Cody Durden wiki and I was reading how when he is not training for a fight, he is working as a construction worker:

View attachment 1041827

He is a UFC fighter with a relatively decent record in modern times and he still has to work a day job and in construction which depletes your energy all day!

Even the UFC HW GOAT Stipe has always worked as a firefighter, and even became a full time in 2022 for better healthcare and insurance

Miocic works as a full-time firefighter and paramedic, becoming full-time in 2022 after many years of part-time work, in Oakwood and Valley View, Ohio.[6] The reason he stated he switched to full-time was for health care and insurance coverage for his family long-term. When asked by Joe Rogan why he still works as a firefighter despite being a UFC champion, he stated that he needs something to fall back to after his fighting career is over.[77]
44DY.gif

Last edited:
I honestly can't believe this join date 2013 TS fool thinks mediocre fighters have a future in UFC/MMA.

View attachment 1041827

Probably a bit of both. Then again if you're a pro fighter I think you'd want an active job, if you sat on your arse for a living (like me) you'd have to do a lot more training outside of work I figure.

View attachment 1041827

Subtract taxes. Subtract fight camp expenses. Yes, the pay is crap. And considering he's maybe 3 years from "retirement" as an MMA fighter in his weight class it's not surprising.

I honestly can't believe this join date 2013 TS fool thinks mediocre fighters have a future in UFC/MMA.

The fool is you for not realizing that he should be using the money to learn a skill and not just do fucking construction. How about learn mechanics or some skilled labor. That and even if he is mid, he should have enough money to NOT do fucking construction.

If not skilled labor, he could learn, marketing, advertising, SEO, PPC or buying and selling data. HUH!!?

The fool is you for not realizing that he should be using the money to learn a skill and not just do fucking construction. How about learn mechanics or some skilled labor. That and even if he is mid, he should have enough money to NOT do fucking construction.

If not skilled labor, he could learn, marketing, advertising, SEO, PPC or buying and selling data. HUH!!?
Man you are an idiot. I have made a pretty good living doing contruction.

Hey man, why do you look down on construction work/ers?

You can make great money and benefits working construction. Also, why do so many of you focus so much on fighter salaries??? These aren’t your kids for crying out loud. Worry about yourself.

Man you are an idiot. I have made a pretty good living doing contruction.

Good for you but its not for MMA fighters and I will explain why:

Hey man, why do you look down on construction work/ers?

Posted same time ^

@Ogata explain urself

I am not looking down on construction workers. In fact its one of the hardest jobs on the planet. It literally requires you to burn out every ounce of central nervous system and recovery from work is impossible.

When I say "Fucking construction worker" I did not mean it in a demeaning way but rather he chose a job that conflicts with training camp recovery. So its not that the job is bad or considered low, in fact its super admirable but for an MMA fighter, its horrible!

The guy is a fucking retard. I am retired, but I was making a good 100K per year building houses before covid.
He is at least very ignorant.

Yeah, good money doing things in the real world.

@Ogata I would hate to do many of the jobs you listed, but I don't hate on them - you get the idea?

Good for you but its not for MMA fighters and I will explain why:

I am not looking down on construction workers. In fact its one of the hardest jobs on the planet. It literally requires you to burn out every ounce of central nervous system and recovery from work is impossible.

When I say "Fucking construction worker" I did not mean it in a demeaning way but rather he chose a job that conflicts with training camp recovery. So its not that the job is bad or considered low, in fact its super admirable but for an MMA fighter, its horrible!
I guess he should be a paint salesman then?

The guy is a fucking retard. I am retired, but I was making a good 100K per year building houses before covid.
Your the retard who is getting emotional. I just explained why but you dont want to lesson at all. I explained that its not a demeaning job but for an MMA fighter its unhealthy since they need to recover from grueling training camp.

But of course its easier to name call because posting in MMA forum makes you feel badass or whatever. Good for you.

Back