How is the Mandalorian better than the last three Star Wars films combined?

I haven't seen the Mandalorian, but I've seen the first new movie and a bit of the second and it seems almost impossible to do worse... so it's not that strange to me that you have that opinion.

I recently found out Jon fav is involved with the show and im gona say thats the reason. He knows how to make good content. That's why the Mandalorean feels so more relatable, authentic and humanised.

Of course i've never watched a minute of the mandalorian or the last three star wars films but i'm taking a wild guess. All this talk makes me want to check out the show at least.

Only thing that worries me about Mandalorian is that it's directed by the GOT guys (or so I heard?) so I hope it doesn't decline like GOT did.

Otherwise it's awesome. Just oldschool Star Wars/Western as you said. No nonsense, straight action.

It had some great moments in S1. While there were a few relatively weak episodes compared to other shows, it blows the Disney trilogy away in a number of areas

1. It respects the world/lore and introduces new characters while staying true to Lucas's vision.

2. It gave us characters to care about, and even love, in Baby Yoda.

3. It had a coherent plot/direction in each episode and for the overall arc.

4. You can tell that it's a labour of love and not some platform for gender studies by a team that doesnt care what the og fanbase thinks.

The Last Jedi was probably the best movie, or at least the best since the Empire Strikes Back. Compares favorably to any 3 episode arc in Mando. We've been seeing a shift toward these binge-able shows(wire, breaking bad, GoT, outlander). Those are set up to tell 10-hr stories.

The Last Jedi was probably the best movie, or at least the best since the Empire Strikes Back. Compares favorably to any 3 episode arc in Mando. We've been seeing a shift toward these binge-able shows(wire, breaking bad, GoT, outlander). Those are set up to tell 10-hr stories.
No

The lore bores me now. Nothing ever new. I’m watching Dark, German Sci Fi, it’s fantastic. Also The Bodyguard about British Secret Service is so good it blows me away people don’t talk about it more.

Yeah it was great

Went under the radar a bit thoigh

I'm watching the Gallery behind the scenes/roundtable series on Mando and I feel like Dave Filoni and the Ironman/Lion King guy Jon Favreau are making almost an open declaration that Kennedy needs to be removed and replaced by these two dudes. Star Wars franchise needs a big wig who loves Star Wars and are smart and on the cutting edge of storytelling, etc.

When Bryce speaks on the show, seems like she says a lot of words, but with very little meaning.

Is it really that good? Was thinking of getting Disney+ for a month just for that.
Just wait until season 2 is done, then binge s1 & s2 in a one week free trial. Not sure if they're still doing free trials.

Just wait until season 2 is done, then binge s1 & s2 in a one week free trial. Not sure if they're still doing free trials.
I dont think so as that was my original plan

The boys is gross tries too hard for shock value for shock values sake sometimes I swear I’m watching a Quentin Tarantino vehicle

Glad you said it, its a pretty good show but it relies so very much on pure shock value and fan service. I'm barely hanging on to watching it, i think its just the guy playing homelander that makes it. The rest of the show is quite over rated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back