How is the Mandalorian better than the last three Star Wars films combined?

It’s like asking why the new SW trilogy sucks, but Pulp Fiction was amazing, even though they were both made by Disney.

It’s because they don’t have much to do with each other. The people who sign the checks, & the brand name on the ownership rights, aren’t the artists who actually make the works.

Abrams & Rian dropped the ball terribly, Jon Favreau knocked his out of the park. Simple as that.

Yeah, thats a good point. Give Favreau and Filoni creative control over a trilogy and I bet we get something pretty awesome.

It’s like asking why the new SW trilogy sucks, but Pulp Fiction was amazing, even though they were both made by Disney.

It’s because they don’t have much to do with each other. The people who sign the checks, & the brand name on the ownership rights, aren’t the artists who actually make the works.

Abrams & Rian dropped the ball terribly, Jon Favreau knocked his out of the park. Simple as that.

Petey......you’re not defending those three aggravating turds of a so called “Star Wars”trilogy are you?

Because if so I’ll have to suspend your geek credentials for the rest of 2020

It had some great moments in S1. While there were a few relatively weak episodes compared to other shows, it blows the Disney trilogy away in a number of areas

1. It respects the world/lore and introduces new characters while staying true to Lucas's vision.

2. It gave us characters to care about, and even love, in Baby Yoda.

3. It had a coherent plot/direction in each episode and for the overall arc.

4. You can tell that it's a labour of love and not some platform for gender studies by a team that doesnt care what the og fanbase thinks.

@Peteyandjia

this fellow geek gets it tbh I’m a lil disappointed in you.

no self respecting Star Wars geek can like episodes 7-9 if they’re being honest with themselves ...if you continue on this path the Force will leave you my friend

Rogue one is the only good film out of new ones

ive watched Rogue one at least six times now

though I don’t think I’ll watch it as much as I’ve watched Empire Strikes back over the past 35 years...I’m at steady 150 times with empire no bs

my geek steet cred is legit son

Petey......you’re not defending those three aggravating turds of a so called “Star Wars”trilogy are you?

Because if so I’ll have to suspend your geek credentials for the rest of 2020

... If that’s what you somehow took from my post, then you need to PUT ON THE FUCKING GLASSES

... If that’s what you somehow took from my post, then you need to PUT ON THE FUCKING GLASSES

Your caps lock nerd rage let’s me know you still have some geek left in your blood

So your geek credentials are safe.....

For now

Your caps lock nerd rage let’s me know you still have some geek left in your blood

So your geek credentials are safe.....

For now
He said that Abrams and Rian dropped the ball, and that the Mandalorian is better because it had better people behind it.

I’m seriously wondering why?

like they’re both Disney productions they both have a plethora of back storys, canon and lore to pull from.

I think the Disney films tried too hard to push a social engineering agenda while Mando is just ole fashion whoop ass in a western lone gunman Sci fi motif thoughts?
It's incredibly simple.

dave-filoni-helmet.jpg

Is it really any good?

I only use Disney+ for "The Simpsons".

Is it really any good?

I only use Disney+ for "The Simpsons".

It’s not the second coming of Skywalker, but it’s well worth your time — which is more than I can say for any other SW material I’ve seen in the last 37 years, besides R1.

I’m seriously wondering why?

like they’re both Disney productions they both have a plethora of back storys, canon and lore to pull from.

I think the Disney films tried too hard to push a social engineering agenda while Mando is just ole fashion whoop ass in a western lone gunman Sci fi motif thoughts?
You literally answered your own question.

I don’t want to knock on the show because I def enjoyed a bunch of episodes so far. The last one with the Krayt Dragon was real nice. The prison break in season 1. The S1 finale.

I’m enjoying it for the most part.

Back