How is Ronda ducking Cyborg?

This is stupid. If the UFC lacked a HW class, would that invalidate the HW divisions elsewhere? The fact that the UFC lacks even a contiguous two-division presence for WMMA is a product of circumstance, not substance.

The steroids issue is certainly an important factor but it doesn't change the basic truths. Cyborg never left a weight class that Ronda was in and would fight her at the drop of a hat at 145. That's not running.

No, but ronda moved on to bigger and better things in the ufc becoming the greatest and biggest Wmma fighter in the world. Her not leaving the ufc to fight cyborg in an org thart no one cares about isn't running either, its smart business.
Truth is they were suppose to fight but cyborg messed it up by getting stripped, not rondas fault at the end of the day

Makes zero sense from a business standpoint to do this fight where they cant capitalize on both fighters after the event. For them to do a one of fight with cyborg and generate interest in her and capital to promote her just to let her walk after is the dumbest thing ever. Ive explained it a bunch of times in this same thread, take the time to read it if you don't quite understand

No, but ronda moved on to bigger and better things in the ufc becoming the greatest and biggest Wmma fighter in the world. Her not leaving the ufc to fight cyborg in an org thart no one cares about isn't running either, its smart business.

Did I not say that neither is really running from the other? I gave the reason that someone could think it was Ronda that is running, if either are, rather than the reverse.

Truth is they were suppose to fight but cyborg messed it up by getting stripped, not rondas fault at the end of the day

Makes zero sense from a business standpoint to do this fight where they cant capitalize on both fighters after the event. For them to do a one of fight with cyborg and generate interest in her and capital to promote her just to let her walk after is the dumbest thing ever. Ive explained it a bunch of times in this same thread, take the time to read it if you don't quite understand

I get that that outcome would be bad. But that risk would be offset by actually having the fight happen when it is a huge fight. Even if Cyborg dropped down and beat Ronda, who's to say she won't just go back up, anyway, and the belt has to go back up for grabs and Ronda becomes then reclaims the belt as "the paper champ"? Isn't that a worse outcome than having the smaller fighter lose to the bigger fight, which is kind of expected under normal circumstances. Super fights are never ideal in that regard which is why they so seldom happen.

I get that the UFC sees the least risk at 135 because they have confidence in Ronda and believe that Cyborg would be much diminished at 145, but, again, that largely defeats the purpose of a super fight. At that point, it's just one fighter moving down in weight, which isn't nearly as compelling, given the circumstances.

Calm your tits. No, I never said she should walk away from the UFC. She doesn't want to move up, though. True or false? She wants to fight at 135, championship weight, against Cyborg, and no more. And she dropped in weight, out of Cyborg's division, and that's the only reason the UFC created the 135 lb division, and not the 145 lb division. Otherwise, we'd have all of the legit female 135ers fighting at 145 instead of all of these natural 125ers fighting at 135 to round things out.

Actually a lot of 145 Wmma fighters moved to 135 as well Cyborg had the best opportunity to make this fight happened and messed it up is really how it went down. Not rondas fault she took steroids and got caught off the most simple basic piss test to pass. UFC created the 135 division after ronda became such a huge star in SF. Theres no good talent at 145 in Wmma is the problem creating that weight class.
For ronda to fight above 135 would mean she would have to leave the ufc. Zuffa owned, the ufc has never contracted a fighter to fight in their org in a higher weight class then they currently have, true or false?
You clearly just don't understand the business aspect behind this decision, even if ronda said she would fight her at 140 or 145 ufc wouldn't let it happen till they could protect their asset and have both women fighting in their org after this fight. Its super simple to understand but your so emotionally involved its clouding your brain or your just not the most intelligent person out there.

Did I not say that neither is really running from the other? I gave the reason that someone could think it was Ronda that is running, if either are, rather than the reverse.

I get that that outcome would be bad. But that risk would be offset by actually having the fight happen when it is a huge fight. Even if Cyborg dropped down and beat Ronda, who's to say she won't just go back up, anyway, and the belt has to go back up for grabs and Ronda becomes then reclaims the belt as "the paper champ"? Isn't that a worse outcome than having the smaller fighter lose to the bigger fight, which is kind of expected under normal circumstances. Super fights are never ideal in that regard which is why they so seldom happen.

I get that the UFC sees the least risk at 135 because they have confidence in Ronda and believe that Cyborg would be much diminished at 145, but, again, that largely defeats the purpose of a super fight. At that point, it's just one fighter moving down in weight, which isn't nearly as compelling, given the circumstances.

The problem is its a super fight between the highest weight limit in their org, moving up to one that doesn't even exist. If cyborg wins, they spend a ton of money promoting her and this fight just to let her walk away? Zuffa didn't bring the ufc to where it is today as a business from making such stupid business decisions. They are not in a position of being down to where they need short term gain at such long term risk. Its such basic business its hard for me to grasp people not understanding it. Again read the last 5 pages of even just this forum theres many good reasons pointing out why it makes no sense.

As a fan of the sport you gotta want to see this fight obviously, but you can easily understand why it happens currently at 135, or the bring in a divison cyborg can continue to generate profit for them in

The thing I find odd is that based on posts... it seems like Ronda fans are making non-stop excuses as to why this fight cannot or should not happen... it's like they would rather just see Ronda continue to squash smaller girls who have zero chance against her than to fight in what would be the most epic fight in WMMA history.

The thing I find odd is that based on posts... it seems like Ronda fans are making non-stop excuses as to why this fight cannot or should not happen... it's like they would rather just see Ronda continue to squash smaller girls who have zero chance against her than to fight in what would be the most epic fight in WMMA history.

same can be said for cyborg tho. shes fighting much smaller girls with even less talent And messed up the opportunity to have this fight years ago. So really its subjective to who you want to favor.

Regardless I want to see the fight, don't care what weight class, but im smart enough to understand zuffas position on why it has to happen at 135, or they need to add in a 145 division. Its super simple really and many fans just don't want to understand

fought at 145, then refuses to do so again unless its a washed up former fighter(gina) so yes she is

Gina hasnt been caught on PED`s, Cyborg did, she said that she will not give anything to a known cheater, i still cant see how is Ronda ducking Cyborg.

Even if Ronda wanted the fight i do not think the ufc would allow any fight at other thaan 135lbs for Ronda, non title fights for champions doesnt really happen this days, ask Bellator why.....

Gina hasnt been caught on PED`s, Cyborg did, she said that she will not give anything to a known cheater, i still cant see how is Ronda ducking Cyborg.

Even if Ronda wanted the fight i do not think the ufc would allow any fight at other thaan 135lbs for Ronda, non title fights for champions doesnt really happen this days, ask Bellator why.....

Not just that, but why would a company dump money into promoting something they only plan to use once, that could potentially hurt their greatest asset they currently have. Its just not good business to make this fight in a way where they cant use both athletes after the fact

Maybe it's because it makes NO sense for the UFC to hold the fight at a weight outside of an established division with their highest profile champion?

Or maybe it's because Rousey and the UFC holds all the cards and Cyborg has already signed a contract to fight at 135 for a title shot?

Or maybe it's because Cyborg keeps saying she's going to try to make 135 but makes ZERO effort to do so?

Once upon a time in February 2014....

I'm currently training to fight at 145 on March 28 and in early May. My team has hired a medical doctor to help me make 135. I plan to challenge and win the Invicta 135 Championship in the summer and challenge you, champion to champion, for your 135 belt in December.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/21/5...ells-ronda-rousey-retire-like-gina-carano-mma

I wonder what happened after that?

January 2015, signed a contract with Zuffa to make 135 in order to fight with Rousey

According to the details of Justino's contract, she'll have to fight at 135 pounds outside the UFC and make the weight successfully before she'll set foot in the Octagon. Cyborg's next fight is expected to be in Invicta in July, but that fight, against an opponent to be determined, is expected at 145 pounds.

So in a best-case scenario, it will be several more months after July before Justino fights at 135 in Invicta, before she gets to the Octagon.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/2...o-zuffa-contract-but-dont-expect-ronda-rousey

February 2015, Invicta 11, Cyborg vs Charmaine Tweet at 145
July 2015, Invicta 13, Cyborg vs Faith Van Duinn at 145

Is it me or has Cyborg made ZERO effort to fight at 135 in spite of saying that she was going to fight at 135, in spite of "hiring" a doctor and nutritionist, in spite of signing a CONTRACT to make 135 for a fight with Rousey?

And that's just since last year.

Cyborg's been running her mouth over and over about how she's trying to make 135, how she's going to make 135, how she's coming for Rousey at 135... when she's not busy whining about how hard it is to make 135 and that she really, really, Really, REALLY wants the fight at 140.

Seriously, Cyborg and her fans need to STFU.

Shut up and make 135 or stop wasting everyone's time.

Regardless of the medium the information is accurate.

Not really. The stench of bias is ranks, and I don't feel like sifting through everything because I'm simply not as committed on the topic as someone like that guy. I've seen him twist and pervert the truth enough to safely discount him as a reliable and reasonable source.

Not really. The stench of bias is ranks, and I don't feel like sifting through everything because I'm simply not as committed on the topic as someone like that guy. I've seen him twist and pervert the truth enough to safely discount him as a reliable and reasonable source.

lol listen, that's the definition of a bias opinion when someone posts facts with sources and since it doesn't favor your opinion you don't take the time to read. You lost all credibility with that one

Bad business or not, rondas career will be tarnished if there is not a single notable name on her record. At least cyborg has Gina.

LOL.

Cat Zingano already has better wins than Gina.

Gina was a pioneer, but if it's the diehards or "educated" people you like to speak of, you'd be better off not posting dumb stuff like this if you want to be considered one.

lol listen, that's the definition of a bias opinion when someone posts facts with sources and since it doesn't favor your opinion you don't take the time to read. You lost all credibility with that one

I've read the same shit from him like 30 times because he posts it in every thread he can and most of what he says is unsupportable or twisted. He uses conjecture and extrapolates using assumption. It's not a well-referenced and supported opinion at all.

LOL.

Cat Zingano already has better wins than Gina.

Gina was a pioneer, but if it's the diehards or "educated" people you like to speak of, you'd be better off not posting dumb stuff like this if you want to be considered one.

True story but... eh... I can't hate ma girl Gina :D

Agreed. If youre champion you have no obligation to go anywhere.

Attacking the messenger doesn't invalidate the evidence he posted.

Sorry, but I'm not wasting my time trying to dissect his shit in detail when he would just argue bitterly over every point with no chance of seeing reason. It's like arguing with a religious person over the tenets of their faith.

Back