How is Ronda ducking Cyborg?

Just watched that fight, and Gina only mounted Cyborg once, and it wasnt really anything Gina did. Cyborg failed at a sloppy sacrifice takedown and Gina fell into mount. I highly doubt Cyborg will be trying any sacrifice takedowns vs Rousey.

AND, it was 2009. Having one's back taken is worse than the mount....why don;t people make these same assumptions about Ronda, when she had her back fully taken and a choke sunk in just a mere two years ago?

The Ronda hypocrisy is simply mind blowing. Luke Thomas was dead on, it is nothing but fans projecting their insecurities about how she would fair against Cyborg....millions of teenage virgins and neckbeards wanting to protect their beloved airbrushed Ronda from the big bad Cyborg. Simply because Cyborg destroyed your last crush in Gina does not mean that she will do it again....I rather like Ronda's chances against Cyborg but this embarrassing display of excuses, name calling, "what will poor UFC dooo with da belt?" has just got to stop.

If you are not for this fight, you are an enemy of fight fans everywhere. Make the fight a 140 - the 6 year champ vs the 3 year champ.

135 didn't exist until Rhonda joined the UFC, they can make a 145 weight class whenever they want, they just don't want to because it's better for Rhonda's image to not have champs above her.

Dumb argument. There is no 145 weight class because there are 2-3 decent fighters in total for that class.

Cyborg can have the Rousey fight anytime she wants. She has already stated she would drop to 135 but never does. Who is ducking who? The UFC offered to pay for Dolce to help her, she refused. She does not want the fight, she just pretends she does to remain relevant but that is quickly coming to an end because she just looks pathetic at this point.

On a side note, did anyone see that ESPN farce? Cyborgs neck is huge. I am glad that she says she has not tested positive since 2011 because that takes away any suspicion.

Gina Carano remains the only other legitimate fighter that has existed north of 135 in WMMA, along with Ronda and Cyborg. Simply because UFC has millions to market fighters like Bethe, Meisha and Alexis does not make them any more legitimate. The can that beat the most can is still a can, albeit superior can.

As you mentioned, yes, Cyborg is fighting subpar competition...why can't you hold that same candle of scrutiny up to Ronda when it is painfully obvious? Sure Marloes lost to Meisha but she also beat Liz Carmouche, you know, the person that nearly choked the life out of Rousey? The sword cuts both ways, the fact remains there is Ronda, Cyborg and the rest.

Are these Rousey fans also fans of a husband beating his wife and children? Why not? We are talking the same disparity of skills, strength and athleticism there.....Im sure you would agree it is a crime because it is a RIGGED GAME and UNFAIR, just as Rousey beating the likes of Cat, Alexis and Bethe, three woman that picked up MMA in the recent past to get in shape.

MMA has been historically great because competitors of equal strengths, opposing disciplines are pitted against each other and the truth exposed. Why do these Neo-Rousey fans not want to know truth? Why must they be so petrified of her having ONE legitimate fight in her career? Shouldn't a fighter's fans earnestly believe in them and want them to prove that they are legitimate? Isn't this why both Manny and Floyd fans were both clamoring for a superfight?

The fact is-- Sure, RR may beat Cyborg but until she fights and beats Cyborg, she is the SECOND best female fighter of all time for she has never beat and elite competitor, while Cyborg has.

I was with you until that last paragraph.

Which "elite" fighter did Cyborg beat? Why do you magically grant 7-1 Gina Carano this status and not Cat Zingano? Is it the amazing group of women that Gina beat? I'd venture to say Zingano's win over Tate not only is a better win than any of Gina's, it basically laps the field that Gina holds wins over.

Simply looking at resume' vs. resume', there's no way to consider Gina "elite" and Cat not.

And "almost" getting a choke (that really never had Rousey in real danger anyway, but that's a debate that will get bogged down in the intricacies of grappling so we'll skip it) really doesn't mean much.

Listen, I want to see the fight too, but to keep credibility don't make silly claims like Cyborg has a better legacy than Ronda, because that's a joke.

Cyborg has a loss, Ronda doesn't.

2 wins (soon to be 3) over Meisha > 2 wins over Coenen (obviously since Meisha beat Coenen despite the size difference)

Win over Cat is AT LEAST equal to a win over Carano.

If you want to argue the rest of their wins go ahead, but I've seen these women fight and the likes of McMann, Davis, and Carmouche are just better than the likes of Van Duin, Tweet, and Finney.

Dumb argument. There is no 145 weight class because there are 2-3 decent fighters in total

135 isn't any better which is why Rhonda just fought a natural 125lb fighter. Don't pretend that 145 is huge for women and devoid of talent like men's hw, 145 is basically equivalent of men's 205, there's as much talent there as anywhere, the problem is lack of women's talent in general.

Rhonda would prove far more and gain far more glory if the fight was at 145, she's just not confident in herself at that weigjt, which makes her need to concede that she's NOT the baddest woman in mma. Put up or shut up.

AND, it was 2009. Having one's back taken is worse than the mount....why don;t people make these same assumptions about Ronda, when she had her back fully taken and a choke sunk in just a mere two years ago?

The Ronda hypocrisy is simply mind blowing. Luke Thomas was dead on, it is nothing but fans projecting their insecurities about how she would fair against Cyborg....millions of teenage virgins and neckbeards wanting to protect their beloved airbrushed Ronda from the big bad Cyborg. Simply because Cyborg destroyed your last crush in Gina does not mean that she will do it again....I rather like Ronda's chances against Cyborg but this embarrassing display of excuses, name calling, "what will poor UFC dooo with da belt?" has just got to stop.

If you are not for this fight, you are an enemy of fight fans everywhere. Make the fight a 140 - the 6 year champ vs the 3 year champ.

My guess? You are both a teenage virgin and a neckbeard.

Just kidding, I'm sure you're awesome.

Anyway, I'm on record as wanting this fight to happen. I hope it does, I already put a bet on Ronda at -245 that's good if the fight happens by the end of 2016. I hope the hell it does. So you can save all your silly "white knighting, durr durr durr" talk. It's the Cyborg defenders here that make me laugh, which is why I'll poke fun at all of you.

What happened with Cyborg signing the deal in late 2013 then releasing a statement about how she'd make the weight, beat Ronda twice, etc. etc.? Crickets. Cyborg not even making a token effort to drop ANY weight. Yeah, you really want that Ronda fight don't ya Cris?

135 isn't any better which is why Rhonda just fought a natural 125lb fighter. Don't pretend that 145 is huge for women and devoid of talent like men's hw, 145 is basically equivalent of men's 205, there's as much talent there as anywhere, the problem is lack of women's talent in general.

They're both bad but LOL that 135 isn't better.

Forget size advantage, I don't even care. We could stack up the top 10 of each and I'll take the 135'ers and you take the 145'ers and we'll have each fight their counterpart in the rankings and we'll put $ on each fight. And afterward you'd owe me plenty of cash, and you know it.

They're both bad but LOL that 135 isn't better.

Forget size advantage, I don't even care. We could stack up the top 10 of each and I'll take the 135'ers and you take the 145'ers and we'll have each fight their counterpart in the rankings and we'll put $ on each fight. And afterward you'd owe me plenty of cash, and you know it.

They are all garbage but two fighters. That's why they must fight.

Rhonda would prove far more and gain far more glory if the fight was at 145, she's just not confident in herself at that weigjt, which makes her need to concede that she's NOT the baddest woman in mma. Put up or shut up.

Ok by that logic

Cyborg would prove far more and gain far more glory if the fight was at 135, she's just not confident in herself at that weight, which makes her need to concede that she's NOT the baddest woman in mma. Put up or shut up.

Rousey is the most popular female fighter on the planet, it is now on Cyborg to go to her and win that fight. If she does then she gets all the fame and glory but she wont because she wants no part of Rousey. Dont pretend that she does. Hell, I could call out Werdum all day long and twice on Sundays but that doesnt mean I really want to fight him. It just puts my dumb ass on the news......kinda like your girl?!? Cyborg

They are all garbage but two fighters. That's why they must fight.

I'm honestly not sure Zingano wouldn't be competitive against Cyborg. I'd favor Cris for sure, but Zingano I think would give her a nice striking battle. I also think Tate would be more competitive vs Cyborg than anyone at 145 (Cyborg aside) would be vs Ronda.

Yes, overall both divisions are weak. But there are levels of weak. 145 is clearly worse.

People should stop talking about this fight and let it die. It's not going to happen. Cyborg can't make the weight. And even by some miracle she did I'm pretty certain she would still lose. Her size and strength are what helps her win fights. Cutting down that weight would drastically alter her body type and I believe Ronda would beat her.

Have you guys heard Cyborg speak? She legit sounds like a man. It's obvious she's been juicing pretty significantly.

On top of that Ronda is the champion and one of the biggest draws in the sport. She doesn't need to go chasing after a match with Cyborg. Cyborg should be the one chasing after the fight trying to make this fight happen. The fight is never going to happen. Just let it die and talk about matches that are actually realistic. This topic has been rehashed so many times.

Cyroid weighs in a pound or two under 145 every time. If the cut was so difficult she'd be barely making it.

No, she needs that extra muscle and she's afraid to fight without it.

Stop lifting for a couple months and lower caloric intake, boom, 135.

I kind of understand both sides. Ronda is the greatest most dominant women's MMA fighter of all time. Why should she cater to a fighter who is known for cheating? On the flip side it's a lot easier to move up then cut down so if Ronda wanted the fight they could make it happen but I think Ronda just doesn't RESPECT Cyborg enough to cater to her needs. It's not that she's scared she just doesn't respect Cyborg enough to leave HER division and what she's build to cater to a fighter who used roids which is something she is completely against.

I will say though if Cyborg absolutely can not cut the weight then Ronda should move up and make that fight. Not for Cyborg but for herself. Because there's nothing left for her anymore and if she truly enjoys fighting she would make the accommodations to give her a challenge or retire if she hates Cyborg that much. I just hope she doesn't pull a GSP and stay in a division that he's dominating but refuses to move up at all when there are challenges there (Silva).

Cyborg is Ronda haters last hope to see Ronda lose. If Ronda doesn't eat lots of ice cream and cookies and gain some weight and fight a roided out Cyborg at a 15 lb weight disadvantage then she's obviously ducking.

I kind of understand both sides. Ronda is the greatest most dominant women's MMA fighter of all time. Why should she cater to a fighter who is known for cheating? On the flip side it's a lot easier to move up then cut down so if Ronda wanted the fight they could make it happen but I think Ronda just doesn't RESPECT Cyborg enough to cater to her needs. It's not that she's scared she just doesn't respect Cyborg enough to leave HER division and what she's build to cater to a fighter who used roids which is something she is completely against.

I will say though if Cyborg absolutely can not cut the weight then Ronda should move up and make that fight. Not for Cyborg but for herself. Because there's nothing left for her anymore and if she truly enjoys fighting she would make the accommodations to give her a challenge or retire if she hates Cyborg that much. I just hope she doesn't pull a GSP and stay in a division that he's dominating but refuses to move up at all when there are challenges there (Silva).

Biggest problem with that statement is GSP had a division to go up and fight someone, there is no division above 135 in ufc for women so logically and business wise it doesn't make any sense for them to dump money into an asset like cyborg and not have long term revenue come back from it

Back