• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How is Khabib viewed in Russia?

Fedor elaborated on that. He said arlovski had been living in america for over a decade,and that's why hes not so Russian. That was my impression anyway

ah, gotcha.

Lol. I don't have time for this propaganda. And that's not the right place, anyway.

It's all about point of view. I feel Russia is doing the right thing by protecting our people, you obviously don't.

Well, if you're bullying someone all by yourself, you're macho. But guys from Caucasus are known to gang up on single men as was evident when Khabib and his entourage moved in on Lobov. That kinda shit is frowned upon here.
Nah they beat the shit out of you 1 vs 1 stop coping
its the russians that gang up on them once they're outclassed, you look at the ground when they walk near you in moscow 1 vs 1, we know whats up

It's all about point of view. I feel Russia is doing the right thing by protecting our people, you obviously don't.
I'm afraid that's the same brand of 'protection' Germany offered to Sudetan Germans some 80 years ago. And I'd rather our government protected Russians and everybody else at home instead of stirring some great-power chauvinistic lunacy abroad.

Greyscale pretty much summed Slavic Russians tendencies towards Khabib. No need to dig further.
We definitely don't see him as one of our own. And he doesn't see himself as such hence his refusal to carry the flag. He is mostly popular with people from Caucasus and immigrants from ex-Soviet Central Asia. Hardcore Russian MMA fans often don't like him for being hypocritical and thuggish. They also tend to consider Gaethje fight fixed.

All true.

I'm afraid that's the same brand of 'protection' Germany offered to Sudetan Germans some 80 years ago. And I'd rather our government protected Russians and everybody else at home instead of stirring some great-power chauvinistic lunacy abroad.

Ukrainians fired the first shots and spilled the first blood. Russia started arming separatists after that.
Russian forces are officially not in Ukraine, that's why i say protecting... as Russia send instructors, money and weapons there, not the actual army.

You can see difference between Syria, where Russian army is fighting officially and Donbass. You can also see difference between Crimea where Russian army is officially and Donbass. Ukrainians bomb Donbass, but they dare not touch Crimea, even though Russian and Ukrainian soldiers stare at each other at the border every day. You know why? Because there is no Russian army in Donbass, but there is Crimea.

I'd rather see our government protecting Russian home and abroad, and not give a fook, like the Americans do. Unfortunately we're not strong enough for that.

Last edited:

Also you can see the awkwardenss when Khabib and Volkov met in the hotel hall. That can tell you something about Khabib-Russians relationship. There's nothing wrong with that though. Some Sherbros are overreacting so much.

Also you can see the awkwardenss when Khabib and Volkov met in the hotel hall. That can tell you something about Khabib-Russians relationship. There's nothing wrong with that though. Some Sherbros are overreacting so much.

Abdulmanap was a huge fan of Volkov and invited him many times to his camp, because he thought Volkov needed to add wrestling to his game. He thought Volkov with good cardio and with his body type could become a true 5 round championship HW.

The guy in the middle with blue shirt is Fedor's former team mate, Khabib at one point in time visited Fedor's team and trained with them. They always speak well about each other.

Stop being an ass and stirring shit. You already posted that fake picture.

That interaction doesn't mean anything, it's covid and the hardest part of his weight cut. He had an awkward interaction with his good friend DC too during those times. Khabib's dad respects Volkov so much that he hung up a picture of him in his gym, of course Khabib does too.

That interaction doesn't mean anything, it's covid and the hardest part of his weight cut. He had an awkward interaction with his good friend DC too during those times. Khabib's dad respects Volkov so much that he hung up a picture of him in his gym, of course Khabib does too.

I actually saw nothing awkward in that interaction. Was friendly even joked a little when he asked the blue shirt guy (Fedor's former team mate) if he was gonna fight as well is somebody pull out.

Ukrainians fired the first shits and spilled the first blood. Russia started arming separatists after that.
Russian forces are officially not in Ukraine, that's why i say protecting... as Russia send instructors, money and weapons there, not the actual army.

You can see difference between Syria, where Russian army is fighting officially and Donbass. You can also see difference between Crimea where Russian army is officially and Donbass. Ukrainians bomb Donbass, but they dare not touch Crimea, even though Russian and Ukrainian soldiers stare at each other at the border every day. You know why? Because there is no Russian army in Donbass, but there is Crimea.

I'd rather see our government protecting Russian home and abroad, and not give a fook, like the Americans do. Unfortunately we're not strong enough for that.
Yeah, the difference is perfectly clear to me. In Syria, Russian military presence is official (though we 'won' there and 'withdrew' four times already), while in Donbass it's not. But someone still manning Russian military equipment, including Buk missile system. And I personally don't think that's just 'miners and tractor men' who routed Ukrainian regular forces.

Before we move to protecting Russians in Ukraine (whom no one threatened, according to my uncle, who is Russian and lives in the east), I'd like to know what happened to Russians in Chechnya. And make sure there are proceedings afterwards. Then we can move to what happened to Russians in, say, Turkmenistan. Then there's Uzbekistan, where some 30 years ago Russians were told they are 'swines' and should go back to 'their' Russia. Nobody wants to talk about it. Because 'protecting Russians' is a cheap ploy war criminals in our government invented to justify invasion of a neighboring country that dared to overthrow its own corrupt regime.

Yeah, the difference is perfectly clear to me. In Syria, Russian military presence is official (though we 'won' there and 'withdrew' four times already), while in Donbass it's not. But someone still manning Russian military equipment, including Buk missile system. And I personally don't think that's just 'miners and tractor men' who routed Ukrainian regular forces.

Before we move to protecting Russians in Ukraine (whom no one threatened, according to my uncle, who is Russian and lives in the east), I'd like to know what happened to Russians in Chechnya. And make sure there are proceedings afterwards. Then we can move to what happened to Russians in, say, Turkmenistan. Then there's Uzbekistan, where some 30 years ago Russians were told they are 'swines' and should go back to 'their' Russia. Nobody wants to talk about it. Because 'protecting Russians' is a cheap ploy war criminals in our government invented to justify invasion of a neighboring country that dared to overthrow its own corrupt regime.

Plenty of people in Ukraina capable of manning old soviet missile systems... Oh, by the way Ukrainians and all the rest of former Soviet countries have them also.

Just we couldn't do shit 30 years ago with Yeltsin, who всё пропил и просрал, doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything today.

Khabib was cutting weight and was tired as fuck. You're the one overacting and reading too much into things. Useless instigator.

I actually saw nothing awkward in that interaction. Was friendly even joked a little when he asked the blue shirt guy (Fedor's former team mate) if he was gonna fight as well is somebody pull out.

Also, Khabib was cutting weight, he was nice considering. This guy is an asshole instigator.

Plenty of people in Ukraina capable of manning old soviet missile systems... Oh, by the way Ukrainians and all the rest of former Soviet countries have them also.

Just we couldn't do shit 30 years ago with Yeltsin, who всё пропил и просрал, doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything today.
I'm not a fan of Yeltsin. But what's going on now is a warped and twisted development of the same Yeltsin regime. With oligarchs and corruption, but without freedom of speech. With warmongering but without allies, except Venezuela, Belarus and Syria. I guess we will remain poles apart here so let's just agree to disagree. That's not what's the topic or the forum is about.

Back