• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How insane is the future going to be?

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think a lot of younger people are kind of sleeping on the reality that is unfolding. Humanity is at a tipping point. We will either kill ourselves off or enter a singularity.

Technology is going to keep advancing more rapidly. It's not going to slow down. One day the big one is going to happen(perfect AI/quantum computing) and it'll speed up to an invomptehisible level.

How old are you and what do you think you will see accomplished in your life time? Immortality? Faster than light travel?

Imagine going back...

...into the future.

yea, cant wait for Fast and the Furious 30

I'm definitely too old to live until we achieve true immortality. I'd settle for being a head in a jar. Nixon seemed to have fun on Futurama.

I agree with you completely. In a world were menial jobs and a lot of the white collar jobs are taken by robots basic universal income is the bitter solution.

Can't wait for the sex robot era.

But not looking forward for sex robot rights movement.

I hope one day my couch can give me a handjob.

I think a lot of younger people are kind of sleeping on the reality that is unfolding. Humanity is at a tipping point. We will either kill ourselves off or enter a singularity.

Technology is going to keep advancing more rapidly. It's not going to slow down. One day the big one is going to happen(perfect AI/quantum computing) and it'll speed up to an invomptehisible level.

How old are you and what do you think you will see accomplished in your life time? Immortality? Faster than light travel?

The older I get, the more I miss simplicity.

Don't get me wrong, I most certainly keep up with technology as its a must for my career, however, the simple things such as writing, drawing, going camping with the friends, hiking, playing outdoor sports.....people rarely want to do....luckily thanks to technology, ironically, i can find like minded people.

Technology itrigues me in that it definitely will be interesting to see it grow, however, I am already witnessing the damage it is doing to people who dont know how to find the balance.

Really hoping for that hoverboard

Can't wait for the sex robot era.

But not looking forward for sex robot rights movement.
Imagine the AI whorehouses like in Altered Carbon. I hope they have a Poe.

I agree with you completely. In a world were menial jobs and a lot of the white collar jobs are taken by robots basic universal income is the bitter solution.

But you will always need a mechanic to fix the robots that malfunction and upkeep. Eventually you will need more and more people for those jobs as the demand for robots and productivity increases.

I think humans will still have a role but it will just change.

I will say this...I work for a major auto manufacturer. Several lines are going driverless in under 5 years. Most cars will be electric in 10 years. Petroleum is over.

I've already lived too long, two men can get married and society is okay with it.

<{hughesimpress}>

Nobody has done a good job in predicting the future.

But you will always need a mechanic to fix the robots that malfunction and upkeep. Eventually you will need more and more people for those jobs as the demand for robots and productivity increases.

I think humans will still have a role but it will just change.
With real A.I there will be robots fixing robots. Hell there will be even robots improving/designing new robots.

With real A.I there will be robots fixing robots. Hell there will be even robots improving/designing new robots.

Eh Idk. One continuous trend with tech is that it's bound to malfunction eventually

This is another thing I dont think most people truly grasp. In the near future we will have an AI so advanced, that that AI can turn around and upgrade its self to a more advanced/powerful AI. It will become a repeating cycle of AI creating a more advanced version of its self, until it is indistinguishable from a God.

We just need to get that first version there. Humanity is holding a match above an ocean of gasoline, and the match is getting closer and closer..

I'm looking forward to the day women feel liberated enough to rape men.

Back