How has this whole ordeal with Chael/TUF affected your opinion of Wanderlei Silva?

We never know the full story. I'll always like Wand the fighter.

My favorite thing about him was his fight with Leben

Didn't like him before, still don't.

Same as when Shogun ducked Glover by saying he wasn't a big enough game... But times 5

A hero of mine.

The Ultimate Fighter and this whole anger driven fued with Sonnen has somewhat tarnished his MMA standing with a lot of people. But he'll always be Wanderlei Silva, the former Pride champion, tournament champion, and record holder.

He could walk away from the sport today, with the KO over Stann, and would remain my favorite all time fighter, regardless of how ridiculous this Sonnen fued has been.

None, Wand has been fighting since 96 bare knuckle. I don't care what Chael/his fans have to say considering how he was irrelevant most of Wand's glorious career. MMA fans are the worst, and so are the new fans not respecting the Legend Wand is. Fights Mark Hunt/Cro Cop 2x at HW..... Scared to fight Chael blanket Sonnen. Sure. There is more to the picture and I'm sure they will fight before Wand/Chael are done with their careers. This will be a distant memory in most fans eyes.

Exactly. So many fucking dipshits that started watching within the last 3yrs. post here now that it has become intolerable at times. Let's first get two sides to a story and then make conclusions that are based on facts. This business of taking Chael's word just because he's wearing a fucking suit and appears on television is for numbskulls.

All I'm gonna say is:

I'm never gonna judge someone based off of what Chael says. Guy is the p4p biggest liar in the sport.

Either you loved Wandy and you are still supporting him, you were neutral and dislike him now, or you always disliked him and now you get another reason to.

Personally, I find it hilarious that Wand once again showed he didnt want this fight and ducked out of it. Good riddance. Retire the punch drunk fool I say.

By the way, if you couldn't tell, I belong the that third category

Exactly. So many fucking dipshits that started watching within the last 3yrs. post here now that it has become intolerable at times. Let's first get two sides to a story and then make conclusions that are based on facts. This business of taking Chael's word just because he's wearing a fucking suit and appears on television is for numbskulls.

Pretty much this

I am confused. Didn't watch the TUF this time. Isn't it possible he is cycling and didn't want to test positive for PED's, so that is the reason he bailed? He probably isn't scared of Chael in the least. Please fill in if I missed something, once again haven't followed wand recently so not sure of the details.

He's a tough sob, but he hasn't been the same guy in a long time. He is too happy to have fans and be loved, and in turn he has really become a bit of an irrelevant buffoon, since he is not exactly the brightest guy in the world and goes on these ridiculous tirades.

After all the talking and tough-guy attitude, Chael turns out to be right, and Wanderlei claims that he doesn't know why the fight got cancelled. It's embarrassing.

The word at this point is unfortunately 'pathetic'.

Wanderlei Silva has computer access and social media. He is able to present his story anytime he wants, but he hasn't.

His recent actions over the past year have me wondering whats going on with him. He gets angry over every little thing, attacks Chael at an expo, attacks again on the set of TUF, gets extremely angry at questions directed toward him regarding his actions, bails out a side door during a random drug test

I am confused. Didn't watch the TUF this time. Isn't it possible he is cycling and didn't want to test positive for PED's, so that is the reason he bailed? He probably isn't scared of Chael in the least. Please fill in if I missed something, once again haven't followed wand recently so not sure of the details.

He literally ran out the door when it was time for the drug test. According to Chael.

I can't see why Chael would lie about this.

I think Wandy has looked like a fool. I don't hate the guy or anything, I always loved watching him fight and would cheer for him. But how can I not have a dminished respect for him after all his antics on TUF, the lame YouTube videos and then bitching out on a drug test.

And tbh, i started thinking Wand was kinda a punk when he pushed Rampage for no reason in the Pride Ring after one of Rampage's fights. He was supposed to faceoff with Rampage and instead tries to start a brawl and look like a tough guy. It was super lame. And this is like 10 years ago.

He has never been a class act and now everyone got to witness it... not just the people who watched Pride.

Back