How has this whole ordeal with Chael/TUF affected your opinion of Wanderlei Silva?

Not at all, I don't watch TUF and I had no desire to see a Wand/Chael fight and now I'm glad I get to see Vitor KO Chael instead.

Yes. Huge Wandy fan but he came off incredibly bad with the entire Chael feud.

it hasnt at all. if anything it lets me know old wand is still here. rdy 2 fight anyone anywhere anytime, my kind of guy!

dont like talkers like sonnen.

and if anyone says anything about wand ducking chael, lol wand has fought a helluva alot tougher people then chael fuckign sonnen lol., if chael had fought the ppl wand has fought, he wouldnt be around today... he would be 10-37... ya dig

None, Wand has been fighting since 96 bare knuckle. I don't care what Chael/his fans have to say considering how he was irrelevant most of Wand's glorious career. MMA fans are the worst, and so are the new fans not respecting the Legend Wand is. Fights Mark Hunt/Cro Cop 2x at HW..... Scared to fight Chael blanket Sonnen. Sure. There is more to the picture and I'm sure they will fight before Wand/Chael are done with their careers. This will be a distant memory in most fans eyes.

He was not scared of Chael's power, he was scared of losing, this fight had more pressure on him than any other. After all his talk, losing wouldn't be an option. He probably was so afraid of losing that he went on to use PEDs and was caught on a surprise test.

If TUF wasn't an edited as shit reality show, maybe it would affect.

Exactly. So many fucking dipshits that started watching within the last 3yrs. post here now that it has become intolerable at times. Let's first get two sides to a story and then make conclusions that are based on facts. This business of taking Chael's word just because he's wearing a fucking suit and appears on television is for numbskulls.

this da truth! well said

it hasnt at all. if anything it lets me know old wand is still here. rdy 2 fight anyone anywhere anytime, my kind of guy!

and if anyone says anything about wand ducking chael, lol wand has fought a helluva alot tougher people then chael fuckign sonnen lol., if chael had fought the ppl wand has fought, he wouldnt be around today... he would be 10-37... ya dig

so delusional with denial lol

Not in the slightest. Wanderlei got me in to this sport and he will always be the best fighter to compete in my eyes. He may not always be in the right but he always puts on a show. Screw the haters and fair weather fans!

Seeing as how me an Wandy are complete strangers to one another and will continue to be so, this has affected me in no way.

It's the way she goes.

I don't like Wand as much. He showed his character in all of this. He's not the kind of guy I want to support.

Hell no. Nothing but respect for Wanderlei and his career. Only ones hating on him are new school mma fans who were probably 10 years old when wandy was stomping guys in Japan.

Not in the slightest. Wanderlei got me in to this sport and he will always be the best fighter to compete in my eyes. He may not always be in the right but he always puts on a show. Screw the haters and fair weather fans!

Apparently you are a little out of touch with how things work.

Fans are not only fans of fighting technique but of the person themself. Usually people who have the whole package are loved more.

People who can only relate to people in one area will always have haters. Yes Wand has a fan pleasing fight style but he has gone out in public numerous times and acted like a jackass. My earliest memory of him being a douchebag was when he tried to start a brawl with Rampage and tried to act like a thug.

You are more fairweather to assume he is this MMA prophet that everyone must love or is just some noob.

He was a thug back then and he still is. I use to cheer for him but not against any of my other favorites. And now I don't think I would cheer for him again.

He's my all time favourite fighter, but damn it's hard to defend him after all this shit. I can't believe he would be scared of Chael, but I just don't get wtf he's been doing the last couple months. I haven't watched TUF but I heard he came off like an asshole on that too.

He's my all time favourite fighter, but damn it's hard to defend him after all this shit. I can't believe he would be scared of Chael, but I just don't get wtf he's been doing the last couple months. I haven't watched TUF but I heard he came off like an asshole on that too.

I doubt anyone but Brazilians are watching their TUF. The media reports everything they do to us gringos though.

You must not read MMA articles much.

still love the guy but looks like he's been having roid rage

I just can't believe it to be honest with you. I don't like him any less but it is just about the most ridiculous mismanagement of a career as I have ever seen...and I was here when Nick Diaz ran out the back door of Cesar Gracie's house and the guy had to run all over town looking for him.

Wand was simply put one of the most revered and untouchable legends on this forum. I feel like Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan..."Things have taken a turn for the surreal here."

Last edited by a moderator:
He's been steady coming off worse and worse over the last year...I was at the expo but missed all the drama but that just seemed way over the top

Everything he's doing is a bit much and now this whole drug test thing, I was never his biggest fan but I liked the guy...now he just looks lame

At start of the show he appeared wild and arrogant which made him look dumb more than anything. After the incident got much more tame and decent.

During interviews surprisingly coherent and objective, giving props to both fighters, respectful to both winner and loser.

Showed very little coaching ability, his instructions during fights consist of him yelling "WOAH" when his fighter attacks. Seems kind of detached from his team, where Chael does everything to establish connection, help and motivate his fighters.

Although I'm a big Chael fan, have nothing against Wanderlei, great fighter past his prime.

He was fun to watch. I'll never forget that.

However, he seems to have cashed in all the goodwill he built up from his glory days.

Posts like this annoy the hell out of me. He obviously isn't afraid of getting physically hurt by Chael. Nobody thinks that. I'm not even going to explain it to you since it's so obvious.

Back