How has this whole ordeal with Chael/TUF affected your opinion of Wanderlei Silva?

He was one of my favorites, not anymore. His attitude in TUF and his ducking of Sonnen make me want to see him get KTFO.

I love Wandy, but maybe hes taken too many shots to the head at this point....hes ducking...

Confirmed my beliefs about him. I enjoy watching him fight .. but that is all I like about him.

Expecting Wandy to pull out of the fight... then him actually doing it! After all that fake trash talk.

No respect left. Loses legend status in my book. Has a losing record in the UFC. Backs down from fights. No thanks.

After my favorite fight of the year, and an entire year of inactivity, to skip out on a fight because of cowardice....

...yeah. It brings my respect for him down a few knotches.

His recent actions over the past year have me wondering whats going on with him. He gets angry over every little thing, attacks Chael at an expo, attacks again on the set of TUF, gets extremely angry at questions directed toward him regarding his actions, bails out a side door during a random drug test

Without wanting to risk getting dubs, I'll simply say this- I hate when a professional athlete turns out to actually be a meathead.

ive watched TUF Sonnen vs Bones and thats where i liked Sonnen.
I always liked wandys fights but i didnt knew nothing about his personality or stuff like that.

But after watching TUF Brazil I started to realize that Wandy is kinda nuts. That, or else he was just acting on camera to hype the fight. Either way i lost credibility on Wanderlei's actions and words

They need to both grow up and quit playing around. Provoking, instigating, TRTing, running from testers come on boys this is a mans sport. :icon_chee

People on the internet don't understand how 'reality' tv works.

I don't watch the show and am never going to watch the show.

That said, it's stupid to think Wand ducked Sonnen. What's the worst Sonnen can do? At the VERY worst a submission. Now look at Wand/Crocop. Do you really think he's scared? That's retarded.

Nothing about Wanderlei has changed. I'm here to watch fights, not get to know dudes personally. That's it. It's fight. That's it. Is normal.

He was one of my favorites, not anymore. His attitude in TUF and his ducking of Sonnen make me want to see him get KTFO.

Wand knows Chael is a bad matchup. Four times Wand turned down the fight with Chael. At UFC 167- Wand last year, before Sonnen vs. Rashad was made- Wand turned it down when Dana wanted the fight to be Co-main event to Hendricks vs. GSP. Dana hinted at that. The fight was supposed to happen last week- but Wand said his back was hurt. Fight was postponed to July- Now Wand did not submit an application- so July 5 Vitor will step in. The fight was supposed to happen in 2011- but Wand declined at that time when Chael called him out, and said he needed time off. Four F'N times Chael was ready- Wand weaseled it way out. Hopefully he gets KTFO and sent to retirement.

I still like Wanderlei, except this new drug test dodging is going to hurt his rep more than the show I think. Look, Chael insulted Brazil and its people. Wand got pissed, and he had a right to be. I think the real story was Chael being uncomfortable with doing his character schtik on the show. He seemed really conflicted about which Chael to be.

Your signature says it al. He's destroying himself and with it the memory I have of the old Pride Wand.

People on here can say wand is a legend, one of the greatest in the sport. He fought cro cop and mark hunt. The fact of the matter is he is ducking chael sonnen. Oh wait he's not scared in pride he fought...blah blah blah. This isn't pride anymore. The guy may have been a legend but right now he's just being a bitch. So to answer the question I think very little of him.

Don't care. Still a fan. Also a Sonnen fan but have been following Wanderlei much longer. Was pumped for this fight. Too bad

If people seriously are surprised that a MMA fighter is using something.....I et me just say a lot of guys are. Even goldenboy Forrest failed a drug test

Last edited:
The current antics are disappointing given Wand's impressive career.

The drug test dodging is shameful.

I always enjoy his fights. I hope he makes it back into the cage for a couple more slugfests.

I lost a lot of respect for Wand. I don't care if the fight is fake or not. He acted like a bully for half the season, stained the image of MMA in Brazil and set a very bad example for kids watching him.

I don't think the fight was fake btw.

Now, after all the talking, he ducks a drug test and the fight is off. Great way to lose fans.

I havent watched any of the show. What did he do on it?

Back