How good is Sittichai compared with other thai fighters ?

Weird how it's almost impossible to find their fights on the web, only tape collectors get access to some of these gems...

I even found out that there was another Sittichai back then lol

if only they had state of the art S+C programmes back then, he could have been the greatest :p

if only they had state of the art S+C programmes back then, he could have been the greatest :p
Guys like Robert and Silapathai looked like they didn't do a single pushup in their lives haha

I often wonder who was definded as an average fighter in the golden era. Every fighter from back then is mentioned as a "legend" if he is even mentioned anywhere (even if you can't even find one fight of his on the internet, not that it's THE indicator), so it's a bit confusing.

We probably don't hear about or see the average fighters of that time too much. Remember that there are about 4000 fights a year at Lumpini/Rajadamnern and I'd imagine it was similar back then. That means we're only exposed to a small percent of the fighters and the fighters we are familiar with are the better ones.

I agree with the big homie yodsanan,

Sittichai's improvement has come in the hiring of new trainers

Chaowaroj Sor Ploenjit is his current boxing trainer
Chao is an expert in a range of martial arts and brings the tactics of each to the table

I believe this combination of 'contemporary' training along with the 'traditional' training of Monlit is the major contributor to Sittichai's current successes

If Sittichai were to fight another Thai I'd like to see him fight Saiyok, what a challenge that would be

Last edited:
Sitthichai is pretty much the Creme de la Creme of Thai boxers. Might be taking the title from rvr pretty soon. I live a couple of hours from Thailand and hope to go there one day to train.

Back