How good is Sittichai compared with other thai fighters ?

Leg Kick

White Belt
Reaction score
Is he high level ? The A level in the Muay Thai world in Thailand ??

He's Lumpinee champ in the weakest weightclass but I'd say he definitely is up there right now.

The most critically acclaimed Thai boxers in the so called 'big stadiums' of Bangkok fight in lower weight ranges, for example Orono Wor Petchpun was a champ at 58kg, Nopparat Keatkhamtorn fought at 58kg whereas Sittichai has fought at around 66kg. Buakaw's career could be comparative. He didn't have the greatest success at lighter weights in Thailand, he was the Omnoi champ but he wasn't considered a 'great' by Thai standards, he had more success using muay Thai tools against kickboxers in weight classes upward of 65kg which seems to be the same for Sittichai thus far.

He's Lumpinee champ in the weakest weightclass but I'd say he definitely is up there right now.

Although most of the big 154 lbs guys like Yod, Buakaw and Aekpracha dont fight at Lumpinee anymore so I'd say his title is still more prestigious than the 154 lbs title.

Is there a 154 champ?

Better kickboxer than most I'd say, not sure about pure Muay Thai and clinch skills.

His skills runs better on kickboxing for sure,he is not that good in Muay Thai(if you compare his weight division in Lumpinee with lighter divisions,who the level of competition are too much bigger)

His skills runs better on kickboxing for sure,he is not that good in Muay Thai(if you compare his weight division in Lumpinee with lighter divisions,who the level of competition are too much bigger)

he can still be as good as them even though his weightclass isn't as competitive. He hadn't had huge success in the past but I think he improved a lot the last couple year while gaining some weight.

speaking of him,he will fight in the next topking tournament;a superfight next september...any info on his opponent?

he can still be as good as them even though his weightclass isn't as competitive. He hadn't had huge success in the past but I think he improved a lot the last couple year while gaining some weight.

yeah for sure,but he would not be this dominance he have on his weight class,he would be one more of this sharks of the 120-140 lbs weight divisions,but i dont think he will return to fight in the stadiums,at least without regularity and even maybe he will not be able to fight too much under FTR,his kickboxing career is now the biggest deal of his career if he defeat RVR,especially in the best division in glory(LW),he will be pretty busy with kickboxing,witch is a thing who i like to imagine,because he is more entertaining to watch under KB rules.

Under FTR he struggled against Jordan Watson, under K-1 rules I believe that Sittichai will totally outclass someone with Watson's skillset.

Under FTR he struggled against Jordan Watson, under K-1 rules I believe that Sittichai will totally outclass someone with Watson's skillset.

Just because he didn't put on a dominant performance by western standers does not mean he struggled. He was ahead from the first minute and never lost the points lead. Most thai fighters will never press the action when they are in the points lead as there is no need to take the risk. He had another fight lined up for 3 weeks later so he was just trying to get the win with the least amount energy used as possible. He has his whole career until this year always been content to just have a easy points win which is exactly what he did in this fight.

It's not like Watson hurt him or anything, people who saw his fights against Kiria and Groenhart would simpy be surprised when they see the Watson fight. Although, Sittichai has a habit of fighting passively, it cost him the second Salvador fight too.

It's not like Watson hurt him or anything, people who saw his fights against Kiria and Groenhart would simpy be surprised when they see the Watson fight. Although, Sittichai has a habit of fighting passively, it cost him the second Salvador fight too.

He had been passive his whole career until the groenhart fight

A lot of people on this forum dont agree with me but I think hes one of the best today. Everyone's excuse is the fact that hes at a heavier weight class but I feel if he was at 130lbs he would be beating some of the top guys at that weight. Might have problems with some of the strong clinchers thou.

The circuit around lumpinee and raja at the moment is not as competitive as it was say 10 years ago. Its slightly dying and the international mt side of things is getting much bigger which we all know sittichai has excelled in.

Watch his fight against Wanchalerm at the Yokkao event. Completely one sided and I know Sittichai was a much heavier fighter at that time but he shut him down just like he does to basically everyone he fights. Pakorn, singdam and some of the other guys couldn't do that when they faced wanchalerm.

A lot of people on this forum dont agree with me but I think hes one of the best today. Everyone's excuse is the fact that hes at a heavier weight class but I feel if he was at 130lbs he would be beating some of the top guys at that weight. Might have problems with some of the strong clinchers thou.

The circuit around lumpinee and raja at the moment is not as competitive as it was say 10 years ago. Its slightly dying and the international mt side of things is getting much bigger which we all know sittichai has excelled in.

Watch his fight against Wanchalerm at the Yokkao event. Completely one sided and I know Sittichai was a much heavier fighter at that time but he shut him down just like he does to basically everyone he fights. Pakorn, singdam and some of the other guys couldn't do that when they faced wanchalerm.

The problem is that when sittichai was smaller he was not dominant like he is now. He is also facing much lower competition level now than guys in the money weights in thailand. He skills have progressed greatly in the time while he grew but their is not really anyone outside of yodsaenklai he could fight who has anywhere near the skills of the lighter weight guys like saenchai or kongsak. Sittichai is going to have to face yodvicha and sensantharn before he can possibly make the claim of being the best as the are the only good fighters big enough to match up with him that we clearly know the level of

Back