How good are Conor's leg kicks?

Conors muay thai leg kicks are trash. But his oblique kicks are great and he will be spamming them like crazy hoping to injure Nates knee.

LOL! They are not even great. Name one fight where Conors oblique kicks changed the course of a fight? That's right NEVER.

JOnes has the best oblique kicks ever to be witnessed in MMA by far.

Not very good, he tried the knee stomp (idk how you call it correctly), and looked lost as he missed like each time lol.

What are u talking about?

He straightened Nates knee almost completely. It was awful to watch.

And has landed that olbique kick on Siver, Holloway, Aldo and several others nearly everytime he threw it.

I've never actually seen the guy throw one.

He generally seems more like the above the waist kind of kicker, front kicks, spinning back kicks, hook kicks, etc. the flashy stuff.

With none of them hardly ever landing at all. He uses them to be flashy. Some fighters who use them as actual fight tools are Anderson,Jones,Overeem,Vitor,Aldo and others.

LOL! They are not even great. Name one fight where Conors oblique kicks changed the course of a fight? That's right NEVER.

You are a child and/or Conor hater.

You sound extremely young and uneducated. Good luck with what you have.

You are a child and/or Conor hater.

You sound extremely young and uneducated. Good luck with what you have.

And you couldn't name one fight where he has used them effectively. Later!

His kicking game is shit. Massively telegraphed and honestly, really seems to gass after a few. A none factor really and when ciming up against Nate, everything Conor does will be a none factor except that extra fast tapping.

I agree that Conor doesnt have a leg kicking skill set in his arsenal so they will not be a factor at all. He doesnt have a good kicking skill set period.

He threw the teep loads of times in the Diaz fight, don't think any of them landed flush. And 1 leg kick other than that.

In fact, in that fight he barely landed any of his kicks. They're intended more for show, and a distraction than they are intended to do damage it seems.

Did you see how much Nates leg was buckling in their fight? And Conor only connected like 4-5 of them. Im definitely not looking to eat kicks like that to the knee. One of them bent him like a bird leg. Im definitely in Nates camp and think he will have a more assertive victory this time, but if Conor can stay in the fight for 3-4 rounds and keep connecting those obliques regularly thats for sure an x-factor that could be gamechanging. At the same time if Nate can utilize his kicks a little better with a camp, thats also a gamechanger.

With none of them hardly ever landing at all. He uses them to be flashy. Some fighters who use them as actual fight tools are Anderson,Jones,Overeem,Vitor,Aldo and others.
This is true.

Although, he did use them with pretty good effect against Mendes, can't deny that.

Other than that though, I've never seen the guy really be that effective with them.

What are u talking about?

He straightened Nates knee almost completely. It was awful to watch.

And has landed that olbique kick on Siver, Holloway, Aldo and several others nearly everytime he threw it.

OMG! Nate's leg was almost completely straightened!!!

They should ban that kick immediately, especially with how rampant terror and damage it causes!!!

Diaz' weakness seems to be tdd and leg kick defense. Conor doesn't have the wrestling to take Diaz down and neutralise him but he generally seems to have good kicks. Could he manage to do to Diaz what Dos Anjos did to him - basically leg kick him until he can hardly stand up and is totally harmless?

To me this seems like his best chance of winning but then I have never really seen him do a lot of leg kicks.

I disagree somewhat - I think Conor has the takedown skills to get Nate down, but is smart enough to not want to do that because Nate is too strong on the ground.

I could see a takedown or two mixed in with leg kicks as part of a strategy to suppress Nate's volume striker style.

OMG! Nate's leg was almost completely straightened!!!

They should ban that kick immediately, especially with how rampant terror and damage it causes!!!

Its used to shault forward motion, not finish via oblique kicks.

Seriously neither of you have ever trained a day in your lives, its painfully obvious.

Hipsters don't leg kick - not enough spinning or tornado-ing and too effective.
He could pull a Larkin, and throw a spinning heel kick to the thigh or calf. Those seem really fucking painful.

Its used to shault forward motion, not finish via oblique kicks.

Seriously neither of you have ever trained a day in your lives, its painfully obvious.

Except there are vids of me sparring pros on this very forum...in Thailand even lol.

I know oblique kicks don't finish it hurt people...that's why I'm not one of those people that want it banned.

If you want to use kicks effectively against Nate, you have to hurt him with them...oblique kicks ain't going to do that and Conor doesn't have the low kick game to hurt Nate.

Try again, buddeh.

they are just used as diversion tactics, a fanciful waste of energy, his look slick but have little effect on top fighters

Except there are vids of me sparring pros on this very forum...in Thailand even lol.

I know oblique kicks don't finish it hurt people...that's why I'm not one of those people that want it banned.

If you want to use kicks effectively against Nate, you have to hurt him with them...oblique kicks ain't going to do that and Conor doesn't have the low kick game to hurt Nate.

Try again, buddeh.

If thats true then what the hell is up with the childish sarcastic comments? If thats the case you should be happy to explain your response without sounding like a teenager.

That was not at all my argument, referring to if Conor can hurt Nate or finish him with them.

He has a good oblique kick, somebody said it misses alot and doesnt do any damage when its usually a set up strike barring the one that clearly hurt Nate bu hyperextending the hell out of it when he puts so much weight on his lead leg.

His round kicks are shit i agree and also agree leg kicks wont be his key to victory or much of a significance in this fight.

Edit: and i know Rampage is a bit of a complainer but he said his knee has never been the same since Jones hyperextended it. And im all for the oblique kick, combat is combat IMO

Back