How good are Conor's leg kicks?

MustangSally

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Diaz' weakness seems to be tdd and leg kick defense. Conor doesn't have the wrestling to take Diaz down and neutralise him but he generally seems to have good kicks. Could he manage to do to Diaz what Dos Anjos did to him - basically leg kick him until he can hardly stand up and is totally harmless?

To me this seems like his best chance of winning but then I have never really seen him do a lot of leg kicks.

They pretty much seem to be touch butt in the park kicks

They wont be a fight changing factor

Idk about Good Conor's leg kicks but Conor's leg kicks aren't so good.

They seen to be virtually non existant. I agree it would definitely be his best shot and should be his plan a. Rda destroyed Nate that way .
Conor's ego will most likely have him in a boxing match with Diaz again, if he does and loses he only has himself to blame

I've never seen conor actually throw a leg kick with any real intent, he doesn't use them to inflict damage.

They seen to be virtually non existant. I agree it would definitely be his best shot and should be his plan a. Rda destroyed Nate that way .
Conor's ego will most likely have him in a boxing match with Diaz again, if he does and loses he only has himself to blame
It shouldn't
Nate is vunerable to leg kicks against someone who can really kick his legs hard and fast, like RDA and Bendo, otherwise Conor will be countered by those 1-2 all night.
He should stick to explore his strenghts

They pretty much seem to be touch butt in the park kicks

GIF-Boring-Bored-This-is-boring-Im-bored-Nothing-to-do-Yawn-GIF.gif

Hipsters don't leg kick - not enough spinning or tornado-ing and too effective.

he threw one low kick during 8 fights in UFC (agianst Diaz)

His kicking game is shit. Massively telegraphed and honestly, really seems to gass after a few. A none factor really and when ciming up against Nate, everything Conor does will be a none factor except that extra fast tapping.

It shouldn't
Nate is vunerable to leg kicks against someone who can really kick his legs hard and fast, like RDA and Bendo, otherwise Conor will be countered by those 1-2 all night.
He should stick to explore his strenghts
I agree Conor is not on that level in the leg kicking department but it couldn't hurt to mix it up a bit and be a little less predictable . Even it it just gets Nate thinking so he can set up some shots upstairs it would help a lot

Not very good, he tried the knee stomp (idk how you call it correctly), and looked lost as he missed like each time lol.

conor needs to use his kicks to keep diaz out of range and punish the body with his shots ... diaz can take those lefts all night (well, for three or four rounds at least), but conor will get tired throwing them ...

Attack the body and the head will fall - kenny florian

Back