How good are Conor's leg kicks?

I've never actually seen the guy throw one.

He generally seems more like the above the waist kind of kicker, front kicks, spinning back kicks, hook kicks, etc. the flashy stuff.

He's got tiny little legs like a carney. Diaz can probably outreach him with the jab over Connie's leg kicks.

He actually landed a few leg kicks and oblique kicks in their first fight that seemed to bother Nate. I just re-watched it and those were a few things that stood out, Nate would get kicked, then respond with his own leg kicks that would generally miss.

I think enough of these could help Conor in the rematch

Not good. The only leg kick he can do damage with is the knee stomp.

The better question is the effectiveness of the spinning hook kick he kept throwing and missing. He was using it to steer Diaz to his power side but it wasn't landing and it's a high energy kick.

Diaz' weakness seems to be tdd and leg kick defense. Conor doesn't have the wrestling to take Diaz down and neutralise him but he generally seems to have good kicks. Could he manage to do to Diaz what Dos Anjos did to him - basically leg kick him until he can hardly stand up and is totally harmless?

To me this seems like his best chance of winning but then I have never really seen him do a lot of leg kicks.

Not as good as Edson's

Diaz' weakness seems to be tdd and leg kick defense. Conor doesn't have the wrestling to take Diaz down and neutralise him but he generally seems to have good kicks. Could he manage to do to Diaz what Dos Anjos did to him - basically leg kick him until he can hardly stand up and is totally harmless?

To me this seems like his best chance of winning but then I have never really seen him do a lot of leg kicks.
He did throw a few in the first fight and seemed to be decent ... Nate likes to let that lead leg hang out there. Would be a good game plan to hammer that lead leg

17o54svlia2ongif.gif

Conors muay thai leg kicks are trash. But his oblique kicks are great and he will be spamming them like crazy hoping to injure Nates knee.

He is not known for them, but I think he will need them.

His leg kicks are not nearly as good as his singing:

When did he change his haircut by the way? I kinda liked it before.

NWS_2014-01-31_OPI_014_30491256_I4.JPG

Have you checked the other Conor leg kicks threads first?

sy1zBq6.gif

Conors leg kicks are shit. He doesnt have any good technique with them and they haven't been a factor in any of his fights at all.

Nates kick defense in general is bad, not just leg kicks.

Back