How far do you think Uriah Hall can go?

Is he really that athletic? All I can notice is that he's ripped, but I really don't see him more athletic than the average UFC fighter, you know..
He seems pretty damn fast once he actually gets going.

He seems pretty damn fast once he actually gets going.
It is his flashy style more than anything I think. I just don't see him as a strong or durable fighter. Acutally he looked to me very fragile and weak against Gastelum, lol.

I doubt he breaks anyone of note he's just not the world beater he was hyped to be

It's really frustrating, the guy could be a champ, got all the tools to be a amazing fighter, but he just can't. I really wanted him to be successful, but now I don't even care really. In another thread, people talked about Ellenburger being a weak-minded fighter, that he fold under pressure, well Uriah seems to have the same problem.

With the same mentality he has right now, he won't go far and he could be cut if he lose his next fight. If he could overcome that problem, he can be champ imo.

Chris Weidman after just starting the sport and in his only his 3rd fight beat the living piss out of him.

He has no chance against the top.

Chris Weidman after just starting the sport and in his only his 3rd fight beat the living piss out of him.

He has no chance against the top.

Oh my god...how can anyone who respects themselves lose to the undefeated champion? What a scrub.

Oh my god...how can anyone who respects themselves lose to the undefeated champion? What a scrub.

This is weidman like 1 year into the sport and he made hall look like a little kid.

Hall had 2 more fights than weidman and had been training much longer. Even the announcers were expecting it to be an easy win and then he goes and gets destroyed from the opening bell. He was scared shitless of weidmans wrestling.

I know he got his hype train derailed but his TUF wins were damn brutal and it was justified at the time. Even if it was against lesser competition, he still sent the four guys he faced before the final to the hospital with serious injuries.

He can get gun-shy and look like he doesn't want to be there, but who the hell tKOs guys from the bottom, breaks orbital bones like they were cardboard and makes Leben quit ?

i think he hit his peak in the TUF house

He will main event some shows overseas but never win the title.

Overrated by who? No one is really hyping him up right now.

He has insane physical gifts, and amazing striking technique, but I don't see him ever becoming a champion because he doesn't have the right mindset. He doubts himself and he feels bad for hurting his opponents. If he had the mental fortitude of Cain and that killer attitude he could easily be a championship level talent, but I don't see it as something he can just learn.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I think as well.

I like Uriah, but he will never be champ or even top five.

I think most of his issues are mental. If he can overcome them i think he can be a good fighter.

easier said then done though i'm afraid.

Overrated by who? No one is really hyping him up right now.

He has insane physical gifts, and amazing striking technique, but I don't see him ever becoming a champion because he doesn't have the right mindset. He doubts himself and he feels bad for hurting his opponents. If he had the mental fortitude of Cain and that killer attitude he could easily be a championship level talent, but I don't see it as something he can just learn.

I should have just quoted this post. Same idea just written much better.

Physically, he's one of the greatest specimens to ever touch the sport of MMA. In his weight class and overall he's easily one of the most explosive and athletic fighters. He has good striking technique and lots of speed, explosiveness and power but he'll need much more to ever become a true contender, let alone the champ. He faced an even greener (by 2 fights) Weidman back when he was the Ring of Combat MW champ and Weidman launched his missile of a left hook and TKO'd him with some follow-up GnP that seemed to last forever until the fight was finally stopped.

If Hall doesn't get more well-rounded and mentally strong then he'll go from being 6 foot vertically again to hitting the floor.

weidmanhall.gif

lol give me a fucking break

In terms of explosiveness he can hang with the Guillard's etc. anyday. Fast-twitch is all in his favor. It still doesn't make up for his other problems though but it sure as hell isn't going to hinder him. Most fighters would only dream of being that explosively powerful and going from 0 to 60 in a split second.

Back