How far do you think Uriah Hall can go?

Fbed

Luna Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think maybe in a few years, he can be a contender

He needs another fight before he can get anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before losing to Gastelum, half of Sherdog would have told you he was the one to dethrone Silva.

He's dangerous and fast, but the top guys are too complete for him imo

He is very athletic, his technique is good, he has good speed. He just seems to lack the aggression and desire to finish. I don't see him going very far if he doesn't get more aggressive.

Uriah is overrated. I don't see him beating top MW contenders.

Overrated by who? No one is really hyping him up right now.

He has insane physical gifts, and amazing striking technique, but I don't see him ever becoming a champion because he doesn't have the right mindset. He doubts himself and he feels bad for hurting his opponents. If he had the mental fortitude of Cain and that killer attitude he could easily be a championship level talent, but I don't see it as something he can just learn.

I don't think he can handle wrasslers, or anyone who can get him down and has good control.

I hope he sticks around, though. He can string together some good wins with favorable match-ups. Would like to see him KO the Count.

He has insane physical gifts, and amazing offensive striking technique, but I don't see him ever becoming a champion because he doesn't have the right mindset. He doubts himself and he feels bad for hurting his opponents. If he had the mental fortitude of Cain and that killer attitude he could easily be a championship level talent, but I don't see it as something he can just learn.

Fixed that for ya.

But to awnser TS, i think he can be a solid top 10 fighter but i don't see him becoming the champion.

far enough to where I wont have to read these threads every week.

I know he's big, black and flashy, but he's not defensively or technically sound enough to make it into the top 10 of his division.
He's Barboza level

Fixed that for ya.

But to awnser TS, i think he can be a solid top 10 fighter but i don't see him becoming the champion.

Yeah, that what i was thinking

Not far. He is a psychological mess. Has the mind of a child; troubled and sensitive, easily inhibited and intimidated.

Not far. He is a psychological mess. Has the mind of a child; troubled and sensitive, easily inhibited and intimidated.
This is kinda the impression that I get. I think his mentality will hold him back more than anything else. When he knocked out Adam Cella, he became extremely withdrawn and almost remorseful, like he couldn't believe he had just done that... which says a lot about his humanity, but you have to be able to shut that off if you are gonna be trying to take heads off for a living.

He is very athletic, his technique is good, he has good speed. He just seems to lack the aggression and desire to finish. I don't see him going very far if he doesn't get more aggressive.
Is he really that athletic? All I can notice is that he's ripped, but I really don't see him more athletic than the average UFC fighter, you know..

He has insane physical gifts, and amazing striking technique, but I don't see him ever becoming a champion because he doesn't have the right mindset. He doubts himself and he feels bad for hurting his opponents. If he had the mental fortitude of Cain and that killer attitude he could easily be a championship level talent, but I don't see it as something he can just learn.

Are you sure?

Back