How excited are you for UFC 294?

How excited are you for UFC 294?

• Total voters
I went with a 6. I was never super jazzed on a Charles-Islam rematch, and I’m even less jazzed about a Volk-Islam rematch. Also the UFC wants to charge us $80 to watch fucking Warlley Alves, who isn’t even in the top 15, plus Said Nurmagomedov vs a total
nobody.

But I’m really looking forward to Khamzat-Usman and Ankalaev-Walker, plus Shara Bullet’s debut on the prelims.

8.5. Voted 9 as I rounded it up.

Bullet
Victoria
Dumas
Mokaev

and a solid top three fights in the main card. 3pm start time for the UK too. Beautiful.

Would be funny if Shara lost due to heel hook or something after that BJJ tournament meltdown. Good card.

Volk/Islam and Frey fights for me. Most of the rest I either do not recognize by face or name, or actively avoid watching. So it's about 5.

Which is nice, can watch Frey/Dudakova and then go to sleep and wake up for Volk/Islam after a pretty good night's sleep.

Edit: oh, crap, Johnny Walker is there! That's +1 :)

I voted a 7, Usman-Chimaev title eliminator at MW is one of those great hypotheticals to see play out but the short notice disadvantage is super unfair and I think it will squash the chances of both short notice guys. In general the card has too many squash matches and too few competitive fights

9 for me. The original card was a 9. I like Olivera/Islam more so that lost some excitement, but I like Khamzat/Usman more so that balanced out.

The main and co-main I'm pretty excited about. It's not often fights are changed and you're as excited for the new fights as your were for the initial ones.

Voted7. Mostly excited to see if the non-bearded guys pull any wins.

1yk3qf.gif

I was at an 8.5-9 when it was Costa and Charles on the card, but now with their replacements I'm at a 7ish. Both main fights are still good.

the islam vs volk rematch is good. unfortunately it’s on short notice in a shady venue, so its not really ideal circumstances. that detracts from my excitement somewhat. khamzat vs usman is a good fight. it’s a better test for khamzat than costa i guess.

aside from that, the card kinda sucks. i still gave it an 8 because its better than other recent cards.

8 which is high for a card these days. Really awesome main card with a lot of questions.

Excited: Volk-Islam, Chim-Usman, Walker-Ankalaev, Nathaniel Wood, Mokaev-Elliot.
Interested: Shara, Aliskerov, Javid Basharat, potential political comments made in the post-fights.
8/10.

Back