How Does Sam Alvey Still Have A Job?

Saw a picture of him getting choked out in his last fight and looked up his Wikipedia. 0 wins in his last 6 fights. I remember the days when 3 straight losses was a death sentence. Has Dana and Co. lightened up a bit?

Was about to start a thread but found this one, 0-5-1 in his last 6. Two types of fighters that I can see being held onto in similar situations:

- Legends who have declined, like Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, enough credits in the bank and a big enough name to keep around
- Entertaining fighters who always take on the best and can main event when required, like Gastelum, Cerrone, even Nate Diaz

Alvey fits neither of these, is he getting paid peanuts (even relative to the low UFC pay) or does he have compromising photos of Dana or something?

On topic, it probably also helped that he’s a vocal advocate against unionizing and in favor of UFC underpaying, lol. Gotta keep him around.

https://www.flocombat.com/articles/5058265-sam-alvey-strongly-against-formation-of-a-fighters-union

Sounds like he's playing a character or something by saying unions are forcing everyone to be paid equally and planning to be another Conor. No wonder Dana wants him on the roster to possibly testify in hearings as an active UFC fighter.

Saw a picture of him getting choked out in his last fight and looked up his Wikipedia. 0 wins in his last 6 fights. I remember the days when 3 straight losses was a death sentence. Has Dana and Co. lightened up a bit?
For some folks. Esp the less expensive ones. Don't blink though.

He makes Struve look like Anderson Silva, he's THAT uncoordinated.
We had a term for guys like him growing up playing sports, we called them "in the fucking way"
That's stumbly sam

Yet he’s a professional athlete in the highest league of his given craft and you’re running around town in your letterman jacket

Yet he’s a professional athlete in the highest league of his given craft and you’re running around town in your letterman jacket
I'm not hating. This isn't a Sam Alvey hate thread. But as someone else pointed out, Reem got cut after one loss to a good dude and he was on a two fight win streak, headlining each show. And there was a time when 3 straight losses was a guaranteed pink slip. Alvey must work cheaply.

giphy.gif
{<jordan}
Only appropriate reaction lmao
On topic, it probably also helped that he’s a vocal advocate against unionizing and in favor of UFC underpaying, lol. Gotta keep him around.

https://www.flocombat.com/articles/5058265-sam-alvey-strongly-against-formation-of-a-fighters-union
Yeah i don't give a fuck about how friendly he allegedly is and how he always smiles, the stuff he said right there makes me want to see him get slapped.
What an ass.

Back