How Does Sam Alvey Still Have A Job?

Saw a picture of him getting choked out in his last fight and looked up his Wikipedia. 0 wins in his last 6 fights. I remember the days when 3 straight losses was a death sentence. Has Dana and Co. lightened up a bit?
It's a very good question.

last fights: 5 losses and 1 draw. Has not won since June 2018 and even THAT was a Split decision against the rather-average Gian Villante.

So ...yeah...I don't know why he's not been cut. Maybe there is an inside story there or something I have no idea.

cID0XlN.gif

It's not just the losses... he can also be absolutely excruciating to watch. Dana cuts boring guys quickly usually, so not sure what the deal is with Alvey.

He's got the power threat so guys are sometimes afraid to get aggressive against him... but he can't fight coming forward at ALL and knows his only chance is a counter punch. So his fights turn into staring contests half the time.

They’re keeping him around as a can for us Sherbro’s to crush when we make our long awaited UFC debuts. Only thing is, he’s going to need to put on some serious mass to meet any of us in the Heavyweight division.

<21>
He actually has been bulking up to fight at HW. Here he is covering Offspring. You can see the added mass.

It's not just the losses... he can also be absolutely excruciating to watch. Dana cuts boring guys quickly usually, so not sure what the deal is with Alvey.

He's got the power threat so guys are sometimes afraid to get aggressive against him... but he can't fight coming forward at ALL and knows his only chance is a counter punch. So his fights turn into staring contests half the time.
He makes Struve look like Anderson Silva, he's THAT uncoordinated.
We had a term for guys like him growing up playing sports, we called them "in the fucking way"
That's stumbly sam

He makes Struve look like Anderson Silva, he's THAT uncoordinated.
We had a term for guys like him growing up playing sports, we called them "in the fucking way"
That's stumbly sam
I feel bad for Sam because he’s a very nice guy. He wants to be good so badly, but he’s absolutely hit his ceiling. He will go .500 at best with the worst guys in the division.

Didn't Okami get the axe after 1 or 2 losses?

Saw a picture of him getting choked out in his last fight and looked up his Wikipedia. 0 wins in his last 6 fights. I remember the days when 3 straight losses was a death sentence. Has Dana and Co. lightened up a bit?

Nice guy, people like him and hes had some good knockouts. That gets you alot of goodwill with UFC

you guys think you're fucking cool talking mad shit. a couple of fucking losers.
Oh lighten up, I even qualified my petty joke with a disclaimer.

Now, the cream pie comment? Probably a tad crude lol. There's things I think, and then theres things I think are funny. There's some overlap for sure, but you should be able to tell which is which ij this case

Back