How does Pavlovich's Power Rate?

he's more accurate and fast rather than being stupidly powerful
sure he has a lot more power than gane but not 1 hit KO like ngannou

Obviously very powerful,but He doesnt throw wild. He touches you,finds that range and the combinations that follow hit their target dead on exactly where he means to put it. Dead accurate. When opponent falls out of range he stops punching and gets back in range. Very calm,methodical,but with that power,it wont last long for the other guy,once he starts stringing punches together.

Its obvious too that he does not need to rear back to generate force. Even his arm punches can knock you out.
Yess....that helps clear the fog for me thats exsctly what i couldnt place His punches are extremely direct and laser guided Point A to Point B

But its his physical assets down to limb proportions bone density etc that are enabling this... ie not every accurate puncher is going to have power like this

Reactions: HHJ
He is probably under ngannou lewis and tai still

Tai didnt took the tine to recover from the gane fight and got dropped by jabs pavlovich couldn't drop overeem when they fought . Obviously he improved but it still not on the level of ngannou tai lewis

If Ngannou is 10/10 I'd say he's 9/10. Similar power to BB and Tai but Sergei is longer and more accurate.

Great power but im more impressed by his accuracy. He got into dangerous exchanges with Lewis and Tuivasa and he was accurate without being getting tagged himself

Yess....that helps clear the fog for me thats exsctly what i couldnt place His punches are extremely direct and laser guided Point A to Point B

But its his physical assets down to limb proportions bone density etc that are enabling this... ie not every accurate puncher is going to have power like this
He is an absolute unit,a russian gorilla, It would be weird if he DIDNT concuss people with that huge frame.

sergey-pavlovich.jpg

He reminds me of Fedor the way he destroys someone who is hurt. Fedor was really good at smashing a hurt guy w accurate punches up close.

But his entries are not wild like Fedor. Crisp boxing to open up.

Interested to hear opinions Pavlovich's power

I admit sleeping on the HWs lately its pretty banal and washed to me.

In watching Pavlovich i was struck by his power and was confused by it

He obviously hits very hard like you can almost see concussive blasts when he makes contact Not really of course but you can see hes got his weirght and toes behind each punch I was not expexting that dismantling of a granite headed Tuivasa like the other night. He got put down by Pavlovich's jab. I felt bad for Tai"s mom that night. She musta been terrified, her sons face pulverized in a mater of a few clean HARD punches.

Its confusing to me because Im not certain where he rates w the likes of Ngannou I think its between these two
I was more impressed by the accuracy.

Interested to hear opinions Pavlovich's power

I admit sleeping on the HWs lately its pretty banal and washed to me.

In watching Pavlovich i was struck by his power and was confused by it

He obviously hits very hard like you can almost see concussive blasts when he makes contact Not really of course but you can see hes got his weirght and toes behind each punch I was not expexting that dismantling of a granite headed Tuivasa like the other night. He got put down by Pavlovich's jab. I felt bad for Tai"s mom that night. She musta been terrified, her sons face pulverized in a mater of a few clean HARD punches.

Its confusing to me because Im not certain where he rates w the likes of Ngannou I think its between these two
He definitely looked great, but Tai shouldn't have come back to the cage so quickly. He got dropped by a jab. I'm not convinced that would have happened if he took more time off.

If it's legit, then Pavlovich is a monster.

Probably not as powerful as Ngannou, but most of his finishes are in the first round, that speaks for itself. Not to mention putting down a robust Polynesian like Tai in under a minute, started off with a jab no less, that was fucking astounding.

Very good boxing too (by MMA standards of course), you can see the Soviet school in him. He's better at delivering his power than Ngannou, which is what really matters. Will be an interesting fight when they inevitably match up.

Probably not as powerful as Ngannou, but most of his finishes are in the first round, that speaks for itself. Not to mention putting down a robust Polynesian like Tai in under a minute, started off with a jab no less, that was fucking astounding.

Very good boxing too (by MMA standards of course), you can see the Soviet school in him. He's better at delivering his power than Ngannou, which is what really matters. Will be an interesting fight when they inevitably match up.
He also seems like a loveable goof, which I find endearing. A guy I can root for.

Hell, I remember when old Foreman slept Moorer with the weakest punch I've ever seen
Lol, Moorer was a solid dude. Very impressive imo that he knocked him out with that.

Last edited:
George punched from his waste more and didn't turn into his punches as much as Pav (didn't need to apparently). Imo no one punched as hard as George with such little effort.

He is an absolute unit,a russian gorilla, It would be weird if he DIDNT concuss people with that huge frame.

A W for Reem that has aged really well!

They should give him the next titleshot lol. Let Blaydes have at it at Jones

His punching power was recently measured at 0.76 N'Gannous

substantial, indeed

Back