How does Khabib have better english which is more coherent than Conor?

thanks! haha. yeah, i was gonna say, some of your people are pretty rough too lol. i live north of atlanta in georgia, only reason i can understand the local hicks is because i grew up with it :) they even have their own little saying and sometimes when they talk it just goes through my head "bless your heart"

and sorry, i missed your mention of tyson fury.

yeah i understand the whole gypsy thing. there was a family of them causing ruckus in australia and new zealand just the other day!!!!

and tbh i learnt the whole gypsy thing through the film snatch (2000)

here is actual footage of them just leaving all their picnic rubbish at a beach (and thats to say the least, they stole from convenience stores and department stores and they did some dine and dashes at cafes/restaurants. its a riot!) but look at this young mother fucker!! really makes you think that he is a mini conor mcgregor.

QUOTE]

As an Irishman we are a proud race of island people who like to fight and do drugs and alcohol. Just don't say anything about Khabib or islam or you will catch a yellow card.

As far as your inability to understand a different dialect of English I don't know what to tell you. Open your ears or maybe do some world traveling beside Sherdog forums.
you are proud of a island of drunk alcoholics?

good on you.

you need to go to rehab, ASAP.

save yourself when you still can..

**thank me later.

:):):):)

As an Irishman we are a proud race of island people who like to fight and do drugs and alcohol. Just don't say anything about Khabib or islam or you will catch a yellow card.

As far as your inability to understand a different dialect of English I don't know what to tell you. Open your ears or maybe do some world traveling beside Sherdog forums.
giphy.gif

Khabib's english has improved immensely over the years. Conor's english is fine. His pronunciation is a little rough, though. Part of it is accent, another is dialectical. He also speaks a lot of bull and nonsense that is rehearsed so that may explain a lot. Technically, he should be more fluent than Khabib because Conor has a wider vocabulary and likely uses English more but If Conor just spoke naturally there wouldn't be an issue. Khabib is more to the point and doesn't waste words, so he is easy to understand even if his English isn't perfect.

Any one know?

I just watched the post fight interview on ufc 205 and Khabib is as fluent as shit with the english language and very easy to understand. Despite being gassed and exhausted after laying the beatdown on MJ Khabib is so understandable.

Then we have Conor come onto the mic after his win and I can barely understand the fella. Legit, what gives? He is so incoherent and really hard to process what he is saying.

What gives folks??

Maybe you're Russian and don't speak proper English?

and sorry, i missed your mention of tyson fury.

yeah i understand the whole gypsy thing. there was a family of them causing ruckus in australia and new zealand just the other day!!!!

and tbh i learnt the whole gypsy thing through the film snatch (2000)

here is actual footage of them just leaving all their picnic rubbish at a beach (and thats to say the least, they stole from convenience stores and department stores and they did some dine and dashes at cafes/restaurants. its a riot!) but look at this young mother fucker!! really makes you think that he is a mini conor mcgregor.

QUOTE]

bahaha ahhhh check out 'My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding' some time for the lulz. my wife loves that shit.

p.s. i'm about half irish, my last name is mcdonald. there are 2 types of people in the uk and pretty much anywhere. those that speak like they are educated and those that don't. most of the former in ireland do not like conor and do not think he represents them.

Khabib speaks using simple words and simple sentence structure, not out of a better understanding of the language, but in more of a broken English way. So to the simple minded, yeah, he’s easier to understand, because he’s not speaking with a specific dialect.

what a batsh*t stupid post.

If Khabib can make a normal conversation somewhere in England (even in Tesco) I would change my name.

bahaha ahhhh check out 'My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding' some time for the lulz. my wife loves that shit.

p.s. i'm about half irish, my last name is mcdonald. there are 2 types of people in the uk and pretty much anywhere. those that speak like they are educated and those that don't. most of the former in ireland do not like conor and do not think he represents them.
Maybe that applies to the UK but it doesn't apply in Ireland. Everyone has access to education here.

Maybe that applies to the UK but it doesn't apply in Ireland. Everyone has access to education here.
Just because there is access doesn't mean it is utilized. My comment was that educated Irish do not appear to like or relate to Conor who for example is not well educated and to them represents a stereotype that is largely inaccurate.

@Bogeyman

Any one know?

I just watched the post fight interview on ufc 205 and Khabib is as fluent as shit with the english language and very easy to understand. Despite being gassed and exhausted after laying the beatdown on MJ Khabib is so understandable.

Then we have Conor come onto the mic after his win and I can barely understand the fella. Legit, what gives? He is so incoherent and really hard to process what he is saying.

What gives folks??

Khabib has better grappling and Conor has better grammar!

American English has been around long enough that we are just about divorced from England's English. Contact your local language professor to confirm.

And Khabib doesn't have Irish brogue going on, so that helps MANY people understand him better.

Considering "divorced" isn't a scientific term, I have a sneaking suspicion my local "language professor" won't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

American English and British English are the same language, my local language professor would agree on that. There are many accents that exist on a continuum of mutual intelligibility, and there are local words that differ, but they are the same languages. So I don't know what you mean by "divorced."

I can clearly understand both fighters in both of the videos. Not sure what the issue is.
Some people on here need you to know how much they dislike Conor 24/7. They claim to hate him, but there’s a big event tomorrow, he’s not on it and they STILL find ways to bring him up.

Back