How does Khabib cut the distance?

even between the three of them they barely put a mark on him lol
McGregor has same amount of KO/TKO's on his resume than RDA, Al, and Johnson combined. So there is no question that Conor is on different level when it comes to striking.

Eddie is known for being rocked in most of his fights and willing to brawl until someone drops. If Khabib keeps doing what he has been doing then things can get interesting.

You realize Khabib is statistically one of the least hit fighters in the UFC? He's actually in the top 10.

We need more cerebral, educated fans here. The WWE Conor casual noobs are taking over.

Who only want to see something that resembles
Mac vs Aldo.

It is going to be Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey once again. Conor is on whole another level at striking and he is going to avoid takedowns with counter strikes & footwork.
Khabib has a way better takedown system than Rousey. Rousey swings and eats punches into the clinch while Khabib has single legs that are too easy to grab, especially with Conors stance. Ronda does not shoot for the legs for some reason, which is what she needs. Also, Khabib has better striking and cardio, he even throws kicks and has a serious punchers chance on the feet. Oh and a good jab.

Khabib >>>>> Ronda

But also Conor >> Holm

He's gonna walk forward and spam takedowns and let punches bounce off that giant basketball sized dome like he always does. Im more interested in if A. Connor can maintain distance and cut angles and B. if he can sprawl or stuff the TD's (doubt it). I Dont like either fighter but I like strikers way more than wrestlers but it's a tough night any way you slice it for McGoober
You don't sprawl on a low single. Thats what Khabib is gonna use. The same takedown he used on Iaquinta. Its gonna be easier.

He won't. Conor picks him apart. Khabib's whole gameplan goes down toilet when Conor drops him in first exchange.

What exchange? Khabib is gonna low single leg him in the first 15 seconds James Toney style. The same takedown he used on Iaquinta but it'll be easier because:

- Conor is a southpaw so his lead leg is closer.
- Iaquinta is a way better wrestler than Conor but even he couldn't stop the takedown in the first round.
-

McGregor has same amount of KO/TKO's on his resume than RDA, Al, and Johnson combined. So there is no question that Conor is on different level when it comes to striking.

Ironically all three if them have better takedown defense and cardio so...

What exchange? Khabib is gonna low single leg him in the first 15 seconds James Toney style. The same takedown he used on Iaquinta but it'll be easier because:

- Conor is a southpaw so his lead leg is closer.
- Iaquinta is a way better wrestler than Conor but even he couldn't stop the takedown in the first round.
-

You don't have to be olympian to stop the takedowns. Conor is getting better in every fights, and it's why i like the guy as a fighter. Did you see that video where the guy explain how he deals with wrestlers ? That's pretty good. I'm not saying it will work on Khabib, but saying Raging Al is a better wrestler so Conor is fucked is uneducated IMO.

Low single within 15 seconds Couture vs James Toney style. Conor is a southpaw so its gonna be easier than usual coz his lead leg is closer to Khabib. Iaquinta, who is orthodox and an even better wrestler than Conor got taken down by it.

Conor merely has a punchers chance. His striking is miles above Khabib but this ain't Kickboxing.

You don't have to be olympian to stop the takedowns. Conor is getting better in every fights, and it's why i like the guy as a fighter. Did you see that video where the guy explain how he deals with wrestlers ? That's pretty good. I'm not saying it will work on Khabib, but saying Raging Al is a better wrestler so Conor is fucked is uneducated IMO.

That tactic is for someone trying to clinch or double leg. The low single is just there for Khabib. He stil got doubled by Mendes 4 times.

That tactic is for someone trying to clinch or double leg. The low single is just there for Khabib. He stil got doubled by Mendes 4 times.

I'm a big noob at wrestling, never done 1h in my whole life, so excuse me for that dumb question, but this technique won't work for a single? I can't understand why... The guy bend down and try to grab something, one or two legs, that makes a big difference ?

How is Conor weakest wrestler and grappler? He was only taken down by Chad fucking Mendes who was also roided to the gills. He was doing fine with Diaz on ground when he was fresh. Sweeped one of the best BJJ guys in UFC. Then he gassed out, got rocked on feet and choked out. Nothing to do with wrestling or BJJ skills.

Lets not get carried away here. Diaz is far from one of the best bjj guys in the ufc. Stop sucking conors dick.

I'm a big noob at wrestling, never done 1h in my whole life, so excuse me for that dumb question, but this technique won't work for a single? I can't understand why... The guy bend down and try to grab something, one or two legs, that makes a big difference ?
Conor is a southpaw so his front leg is closer to Khabib and the low single is a counter punch proof safe to shoot for takedown that can only be stopped by straight up outwrestling the aggressor and maintaining balance with a leg high up in the air. This is all true unless Khabib shoots for it from way too far away. At a distance where Conor can't strike from. Also, don't forget that Conors tactic didn't stop Chad from taking him down a few times. Khabib only needs one takedown to win the fight.

Conor is a southpaw so his front leg is closer to Khabib and the low single is a counter punch proof safe to shoot for takedown that can only be stopped by straight up outwrestling the aggressor and maintaining balance with a leg high up in the air. This is all true unless Khabib shoots for it from way too far away. At a distance where Conor can't strike from. Also, don't forget that Conors tactic didn't stop Chad from taking him down a few times. Khabib only needs one takedown to win the fight.
Thank you for your knowledge sherbro' ! Can't wait for this fight !

True in theory, but Khabib isn't great finishing on the right leg of his opponent. In fact I have never seen Khabib shoot a low single(or even a high single) on a southpaw stanced opponent and finish it. (Tibau, RDA, Horcher, and Johnson are all the lefties he's faced. Agafonov and Shalorus constantly switched stance in their fights.) All of Khabib's successful shots have been doubles on lefties. Tibau was the first left handed opponent he faced. Prior to him all righties. Khabib had successfully used singles with a cutback/run the pipe finish (with the occasional double.) He couldn't finish one single on Tibau's right leg, and Tibau blocked him from switching to the left leg by preventing a right underhook. He then switched to the AKA camp and strategy. Now shooting at the center of the cage became rare. Khabib tried to pressure his opponent back to the cage. Shoot a single/double, press the opponent to the cage with a right underhook and work from there.(Doubles, Bodylocks,...hip tosses). His chain wrestling attacks when working from his opponent's right side are not nearly as sophisticated. He'll first try to double off. Then try to bodylock and step around the opponent's right leg and sacrifice throw/suplex(1st takedown on Johnson. Used multiple times on the standing grappling dummy named Trujillo). If the bodylock is blocked switch to a head outside single and try a high crotch lift/run the pipe finish. Generally, Khabib will just look to switch off to the opponent's other leg if he can't get the bodylock.
Khabib has had difficulty taking down lefties because of his reliance on the right underhook. He can easily control his opponent with it. Without it his attacks are mediocre. Johnson was able to fend off double legs, by peeling off Khabib's right underhook and pushing him off. When Khabib got the right underhook he pushed Johnson into the fence and got the takedown(Johnson jumping to guillotine). Shooting a low single on a lefty, gives up Khabib's greatest strength for takedowns - the right underhook. That is why he likes to shoot doubles on lefties.

His grappling won't mean anything if he can't get it to the fence, which Eddie was only able to do once and you could argue Eddie is a better striker than Khabib.

As for the single leg takedowns, they're not a great technique and are easy to see coming. Al blocked like 6/8 of his singles, and the ones he didn't were at the beggining when he simply wasn't expecting them (since Khabib had never utilized that technique before.) Conor will come prepared for them meaning Khabib won't have the surprise factor going for him.

{<BJPeen}

Everybody knows what is coming and yet they fail to prevent it except a roided to the gills Tibau who has a great TDD rate.

I will be happy when the fight finally happens and this absolutely comical shitposting stops from both sides.

Back