How does Khabib cut the distance?

Yangpetrus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What does he have that Alvarez doesn't?

If he can't do it he's going to sleep inside 2.

What does he have that Alvarez doesn't?

- Singles
- high level wrestling
- a good chin
- fight iq
- throws, trips, top control and a devastating assortment of td's.

Not being stupid enough to stand with Conor and get dropped 3 times before he attempted a weak td like Eddie (who, even when he's not rocked like he was against Conor, still does not have 1/10th the wrestling of Khabib)

You really should watch more Khabib fights.

1rLqzj.gif

VPRrr1.gif

xvg55r.gif

oQ1KKK.gif

Conor's wide stance with his lead leg exposed to such a degree make him even more vulnerable to a single against someone who has mastered it

stance-11-29-39-752x501.png

giphy.gif

ufc_196_free_fight_conor_mcgregor_vs_chad_mendes-1.gif

giphy.gif

lY96Er.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Khabib going to sleep in the first round

Conor is not some wizard TDD guy.

He's awesome with his striking, but he can be taken down.

Khabib can grab a single leg, or even an ankle, and transition from there.

This fight is a pick-em imo. Either guy can win, given their strengths, and the others weaknesses.

This fight is a pick-em imo. Either guy can win, given their strengths, and the others weaknesses.

and one of them will be winning until he loses.
Probably also exposed and never that good.

Roller skates...
That's how he cuts the distance..

It is going to be Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey once again. Conor is on whole another level at striking and he is going to avoid takedowns with counter strikes & footwork.

- Singles
- high level wrestling
- a good chin
- fight iq
- throws, trips, top control and a devastating assortment of td's.

Not being stupid enough to stand with Conor and get dropped 3 times before he attempted a weak td like Eddie (who, even when he's not rocked like he was against Conor, still does not have 1/10th the wrestling of Khabib)

You really should watch more Khabib fights.

His grappling won't mean anything if he can't get it to the fence, which Eddie was only able to do once and you could argue Eddie is a better striker than Khabib.

As for the single leg takedowns, they're not a great technique and are easy to see coming. Al blocked like 6/8 of his singles, and the ones he didn't were at the beggining when he simply wasn't expecting them (since Khabib had never utilized that technique before.) Conor will come prepared for them meaning Khabib won't have the surprise factor going for him.

His grappling won't mean anything if he can't get it to the fence, which Eddie was only able to do once and you could argue Eddie is a better striker than Khabib.

As for the single leg takedowns, they're not a great technique and are easy to see coming. Al blocked like 6/8 of his singles, and the ones he didn't were at the beggining when he simply wasn't expecting them (since Khabib had never utilized that technique before.) Conor will come prepared for them meaning Khabib won't have the surprise factor going for him.
Khabib just keeps shooting even if he gets stuffed. His game is relentless pressure.

Even if he shoots a swing single and gets stuffed it will probably be enough to get Conor off balance and force a scramble, clinch up against the fence, trip. So many different tools he has to take Conor down.
He had Al on his back for the entire first round because of that single. That happens to Conor and? <6>

As a Sambo practitioner, Khabib has practiced his whole life how to get guys to the ground. A wrestler is kind of limited, while in Sambo, it mixes up singles/doubles with throws And trips.

I do However think Conor can win by TKO. Khabib is hittable.

Anybody else think this fight is going to be one-sided? I dont even know for who, I'm leaning towards Khabib, but I honestly think either Conor catches him coming in or he gets mauled for 5 rounds or rolls over and gives up his back. Can't see a grueling war.

As a Sambo practitioner, Khabib has practiced his whole life how to get guys to the ground. A wrestler is kind of limited, while in Sambo, it mixes up singles/doubles with throws And trips.

I do However think Conor can win by TKO. Khabib is hittable.
Sure, Conor can win. Only an idiot would deny that, but like GSP said, there is just a statistically higher probability that Khabib will win as he has many more ways to do it, and a larger time window to do it (Conor has two rounds tops) and from GSP's vast experience he knows guys with comprehensive, high-level grappling and wrestling generally eat one-punch-hopers for breakfast.

He's gonna walk forward and spam takedowns and let punches bounce off that giant basketball sized dome like he always does. Im more interested in if A. Connor can maintain distance and cut angles and B. if he can sprawl or stuff the TD's (doubt it). I Dont like either fighter but I like strikers way more than wrestlers but it's a tough night any way you slice it for McGoober

He won't. Conor picks him apart. Khabib's whole gameplan goes down toilet when Conor drops him in first exchange.

He's gonna walk forward and spam takedowns and let punches bounce off that giant basketball sized dome like he always does. Im more interested in if A. Connor can maintain distance and cut angles and B. if he can sprawl or stuff the TD's (doubt it). I Dont like either fighter but I like strikers way more than wrestlers but it's a tough night any way you slice it for McGoober
You realize Khabib is statistically one of the least hit fighters in the UFC? He's actually in the top 10.

We need more cerebral, educated fans here. The WWE Conor casual noobs are taking over.

it's either Conor or Khabib taking the W tbh

Back