How does Jan match up to Jones stylistically?

it's 2021 not 2011
let's be realistic here

jones is worse everywhere than he used to be, which is to be expected. he's past his prime, he's been mentally checked out for years, and he's taken a lot of damage in and out of the cage.

it would be a slow, plodding, sloppy kickboxing match with low volume. i think jan has more power, and eventually jones' chin has to crack. jones' defense is quite bad but he's always relied on his granite chin.
jan is the more sound, basic striker, but he blitzes in a lot and is open to counters. always a chance that jones catches him with an elbow coming in.

i would have it UD for jan.

prime jones is different, obviously.
btw i find it strange that more people aren't reporting on jones' inactivity. he allegedly wants to fight at HW for big money fights but he left the sport and gave up all of his bargaining power against UFC. it really makes no sense: why willingly give up your belt and fire your manager who is dana's sweetheart and has gotten you your entire career? i think jones is under USADA arbitration. i doubt we ever see him fight again.

Jan is a better striker, and has fairly long reach himself and fights long with brutal kicks. Jones wouldn't be able to just pick away at range as he usually does. Jan's also got better bjj.

Jones has a wrestling advantage and a cardio advantage, but that's me thinking about prime jones. Current jones might not even have those advantages.

I'd pick Jan, but prime roided jones is a different story.

Ok, but not likely to have enough volume, and will get hit by Jon. I wouldn't bet on him to beat Jon, but who knows

Jan is a better striker, and has fairly long reach himself and fights long with brutal kicks. Jones wouldn't be able to just pick away at range as he usually does. Jan's also got better bjj.

Jones has a wrestling advantage and a cardio advantage, but that's me thinking about prime jones. Current jones might not even have those advantages.

I'd pick Jan, but prime roided jones is a different story.

Jan is not a better striker lmao.

If jones beats jan all of you haters would say so what it's jan what about Francis he can't win.

Depends what version of Jones shows up

The Jones the fought Reyes may actually lose to Jan

The Jones from DC 2 and before would mop the floor with Jan

The question is if Jones dip in performance was just something temporary (lack of motivation, having a hard time taking drugs thanks to usada having a close watch on him) or something permanent (his crazy lifestyle catching up to him)

I can’t stand Jones but I don’t see Jan beating him. Jon has it all, including the judges favor. Current Jon wins a lacklustre decision. If vitamin Jon enters the cage, he stops Jan.

Jan is Bisping level talent....

I actually think this is a pretty reasonable assessment.

Jan is good at everything and great at nothing. He's generally competent across the board, and needs the right timing and opportunity to be a champion.

DC and Jones are both substantially better MMA fighters then Jan, but he found himself in a division where he didn't need to fight them.

Jon

picks him apart at a distance due to reach.
Jan was gassing hard against izzy. Jon won't
Jan won't land takedowns
Jan's chin has been cracked, Jons hasn't.
Jon was dropped by Reyes <Dany07>

I have only seen Jan fight Izzy. He looks more impressive visually than he fights.
I think he's an easier match-up for Jones than reyes

I actually did not see Jan visually impressive as far as striking is concerned. However, was impressed during the fight with his striking. I thought the same when Chris beat AS. I thought AS was going to destroy Chris because visually, like Jan, AS and IA just look more impressive. So I see it reverse to what you said, Jan looks more impressive when he fights than visually.

As far as Jones is concerned, I think Jones is on another level than Izzy. I say Jones beats Jan.

Back