How does Jan match up to Jones stylistically?

Swepingright

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have only seen Jan fight Izzy. He looks more impressive visually than he fights.
I think he's an easier match-up for Jones than reyes

Last edited:
Jan doesn't suck, so Jones will likely lose. btw, LOL at people bringing up Jan's fights from early on as "proof" that he sucks. The last time Jon did anything special in the cage without popping before or after the fight, Jan was in KSW.

Jan doesn't suck, so Jones will likely lose. btw, LOL at people bringing up Jan's fights from early on as "proof" that he sucks. The last time Jon did anything special in the cage without popping before or after the fight, Jan was in KSW.

Agreed Jon has looked like absolute shit his last few fights. No extra help and years of partying has caught up. He's finito.

Jon

picks him apart at a distance due to reach.
Jan was gassing hard against izzy. Jon won't
Jan won't land takedowns
Jan's chin has been cracked, Jons hasn't.

The door’s been open for Jon Jones to make some noise again in LHW division after Legendary Polish Power beat Izzy. But we haven’t heard a peep from Jones about getting his belt back. Starting to put together the puzzle pieces of why Jon didn’t take Blachowicz up to his challenge

I don't understand how anyone who actually follows MMA (for more than 2-3 years) can think that in 10 friggin years a guy's life and skill-pool can't change: That's like thinking that a guy working a 9-5 and training part-time won't be better when he solely trains with high-level professionals 6 days a week for years.

I have only seen Jan fight Izzy. He looks more impressive visually than he fights.
I think he's an easier match-up for Jones than reyes

Power is where he is better. I can see him fighting Jones very similar to Izzy with less success on the ground. Jones seems to have lost the ability to wrestle and isn't knocking anybody out with punches. I think Jan would beat the current version of Jones in a 5 rounder. Jan has good solid boxing and thunderous bodykicks. Jones would kickbox and probably win, but that loss is coming and Jan could be the guy to do it.

Jones fights with Santos and Reyes clearly made him realize that he is no longer invincible against the lhw division, and caused him to shift into legacy-protection mode. He at least knows Jan is good enough to not make the risk/reward of fighting him worth it.

If Jones fought like he did in his last two, I think Jan would win a decision. Tho Jones would probably fight differently now that he's added that muscle...and might not even be able to make 205 anymore

Last edited:
Back