How do you sustain a healthy mentality when you are not motivated?

Step by step building discipline did it for me. Exercising, eating healthy, building a schedule and also free time activities, hobbies, meditation. By exercising u dont have to do 200 push ups immediately and run 5mile runs, but u can start going for a walk and then day by day add a bit of running to it, same goes for push ups, squads. Something about exercise that clears ur mind and every day i start with workout makes me feel good for the rest of the day somehow. Having schedule is important to make urself do stuff that needs to be done. And obviously for the mental and physical recovery some hobbies, games, meditation, movies, tv shows, music is important to have.

Start with, "why". Then move onto, "what". If you like, you can go in reverse order.

If you know what and why you want to accomplish something, it helps you keep going even when you're not motivated.

Motivation is fleeting. The only answer is to stop relying on motivation. Instead you need to rely on the power of habit and momentum.

I know that's the answer but executing it is hard. I need to lose weight too and I still struggle.

This 100%. I don't need to be motivated to brush my teeth, I do it because it needs to be done. Same with exercise or study or anything else that needs doing.

Do something for a couple of weeks to establish the habit and then just keep doing it.

Setting goals about things that matter to you. Then you are intrinsically motivated.

What, why, and how have to be clearly defined.

Back