How do you sustain a healthy mentality when you are not motivated?

Hatuwkoi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ive been trying to fix my shit but it just keeps going and im losing my shit, i couldnt even start building my life since ive been trying to rebuild my family's.
Those old days are slowly coming back.

Ive been trying to fix my shit but it just keeps going and im losing my shit, i couldnt even start building my life since ive been trying to rebuild my family's.

Nothing is real, it's all crap........ Your not getting out of this shit alive, who cares........

Look I understand that you have a family but whatever you do isn't going to totally protect them...........you could have all the money in the world but you aren't going to stop what's coming.

I struggle with this too. For me, one thing that helps is to make a list of what needs to be done. Separate important things that should be done immediately, from things you have more time to do. Keep the list close at hand and try to work on at least one thing every day. Especially on days off, if you work a lot like I do.

I find when I stop organizing myself this way, I get overwhelmed by how much it feels like I need to do, and things start slipping.

Motivated or not. I always remember I’m damned if I do or don’t and ultimately it’s not my fault. So fuck it.

Iv never understood whats the point in realizing its your own fault.

Doesnt exactly make situation better does it lol

I struggle with this too. For me, one thing that helps is to make a list of what needs to be done. Separate important things that should be done immediately, from things you have more time to do. Keep the list close at hand and try to work on at least one thing every day. Especially on days off, if you work a lot like I do.

I find when I stop organizing myself this way, I get overwhelmed by how much it feels like I need to do, and things start slipping.

How are things btw

Iv never understood whats the point in realizing its your own fault.

Doesnt exactly make situation better does it lol

How are things btw
Things are good.

I meant that more in the sense that folks can sometimes take the bad times personally on themselves when trying to help. Especially if you have ingrates that want to blame you so they don’t have to look in the mirror.

I am moderately successful, I am not motivated all the time. I go through ups and downs with my mental health.

When I am feeling low or un motivated I just make sure I get the important things get done that day and get through that day and hope for a better day the next day.

But I think its about knowing yourself. I go through stages where I know I am not gonna feel good for a few weeks but I know I always come out fighting on the other side so in them times I just make sure all the important things in my life get done and leave everything else.

Also I don't think its about being motivated as having something that motivates you.

To keep things from getting worse

Im about to get messed up discs in back from manual labor,which pretty much has forced me to start studying for college
Lmao you andu buddy are on the same trajectory. He has a bulging disc. I'm still grinding through at least one more year of this shit, but my exit plan has to be soon.

If you need motivation just remember the fact that you will die soon.

and you need to do something with your life now while you’re here.

Or you’re dead already

Lmao you andu buddy are on the same trajectory. He has a bulging disc. I'm still grinding through at least one more year of this shit, but my exit plan has to be soon.

Fucking warehouse picking man pace is ridiculous currently for me

Pay is ok but pace is killing my back lol

Exercise.

Walks through the neighborhood.

This stuff helps.. seriously.

Motivation is bullshit.

You find the thing that does good for you and you close ones and stick to it day by day.

Motivation is fleeting. The only answer is to stop relying on motivation. Instead you need to rely on the power of habit and momentum.

I know that's the answer but executing it is hard. I need to lose weight too and I still struggle.

Being a stubborn proud bitch, not wanting to stitch people up, and not wanting people to feel bad of me is what gets me into work every morning. I don't want my peers to look down on me as a failure.

I guess I'm pretty motivated work wise. Aside from cooking I'm not at all at home.

Back