How do YOU pronounce Jalapeno?

The fucking tilde' over the N is a dead giveaway (yo)

Halapeenyo is how i mostly hear it. I like putting the peen in there

I've always pronounced it like "Hal-ah-pen-yo."

Much to my agitation, my newly-minted wife pronounces the word "Halla-peen-oh."

Then I've heard it pronounced "Hal-uh-pen-oh" and "hal-ah-peen-yo."

Is it regional? How do you say the word?

wat ethnicity (race) is ur wife?

Speaking of TPB, this is the promo for their movie. There's a bit where a Spanish guy pronounces the word...

43 seconds in.

[YT]yThpwF2BX-Q[/YT]

Halapeenyo is how i mostly hear it. I like putting the peen in there

That's what it sounds like the Spanish guy in that TPB video ^^^^ and how he pronounces it.

That should end it. It's impossible trying to write down these enunciated words of a different language, and trying to capture the nuances of the language and the pronunciation.

That's what it sounds like the Spanish guy in that TPB video ^^^^ and how he pronounces it..

Lol. No it doesn't. There is no "pain" or "peen" sound in the word. Not sure what you guys are hearing.

That looks close. No pronunciation of the "j" I guess.

Someone wrote "pain-yo". That's a good pronunciation of the "enyeh" character "

Lol. No it doesn't. There is no "pain" or "peen" sound in the word. Not sure what you guys are hearing.

Again, no. They teach people to pronounce it that way on it's own, as a letter, but you wouldn't completely do it with a real word. Again, no "pain" or "peen" in the word Jalapeno.

I don't know if you're speaking for Mexican Spanish, Cubans and their dialect, Puerto Ricans, Spanish, Argentinians etc... but listening to the Spanish speaking dude in that video - THAT is what I hear...

Halapeenyo

Hallerpeenyer

Hall-er-peen-yer

"That sure is one hot hallerpeenyer."

That's what it sounds like the Spanish guy in that TPB video ^^^^ and how he pronounces it.

That should end it. It's impossible trying to write down these enunciated words of a different language, and trying to capture the nuances of the language and the pronunciation.

Yeah, he definetly said it that way. Like how Nino or nina is pronounced neenyo or neenya when ever hear it.

I don't know if you're speaking for Mexican Spanish, Cubans and their dialect, Puerto Ricans, Spanish, Argentinians etc... but listening to the Spanish speaking dude in that video - THAT is what I hear...

Halapeenyo

Listen to it again. There is no way he said, "peenyo."

Yeah, he definetly said it that way. Like how Nino or nina is pronounced neenyo or neenya when ever hear it.

Yes, those words are pronounced "neenyo or neenya" because they're spelled with an I rather than an E. Sorry, but it's not Jalapeeno.

Listen to it again. There is no way he said, "peenyo."

Yes, those words are pronounced "neenyo or neenya" because they're spelled with an I rather than an E. Sorry, but it's not Jalapeeno.

Peenyo, painyo?

Like the Spanish folks in Spain, they (and this guy) speak very fast. :icon_chee

But, the issue for me is trying to write down what a guy is saying... it's impossible.

How you hear "peenyo" may be different than how I'm hearing "peenyo" or I'm not writing the correct way to convey what I'm hearing to match what you're hearing.

It's impossible.

I think post # 2 should have been a youtube video of a Spanish guy saying it. Boom, question answered.

An audible answer by an authentic Spanish guy, rather than people awkwardly trying to write down how to say it.

The chips were good anyways. :icon_lol:

Back