How do you eat your steak?

Project 2501

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Medium rare for me, always. I don't go any farther than that of any less than that. I could understand if people like their steak a little more rare than that though, but it always baffled me how some people actually like it more cooked than that. They minus will eeat a piece of leather.

For instance, I was at a family gathering this Satrday at my aunts house with my parents, siblings, and other relatives there. And we were having a bbq with grilled chicken, sausages, burgers, and steak. Everyone there besides me and my sister ate theirs well done. It just blew my mind that they wasted a good cut of beef that way, and they actually thought me and my sister were the odd balls for eating "raw meat". I actually took a bite out of one of my sisters steaks, and it was as dry as the charcoal it was being cooked on. Terrible.

Rare if possible.

Depends on the circumstances. My own cooking I prefer medium. At a fine dining restaurant I prefer medium rare. Anywhere else I go medium well.

ive done well done all my life, extra crispy son!

Medium for steak.

I prefer my fish raw.

Medium rare... you inviting us to a cook out or something?

Medium rare.

Some people fear red steaks but that's when they are tastiest.

I can't imagine anybody trying medium rare and not loving it.

Medium rare, nothing above that. Will also like it just under that, and don't hate rare either.

I am firm believer that if you blindfolded a "well doner" and fed them a piec of rare steak, they'd love it.

It is the tastiest juiciest way to eat steak, and people who eat it well done fear the sight of the blood, so they can't enjoy it.

I was a butcher for 7 years so i know my shit, yo.

Medium well. Not quite, leather or hockey puck but not too dissimilar.

The restaurant I visit have 4 sauces for every steak,
Au Jus
Peppercorn
Mushroom
Red Wine

But my favorite is 20ounces Porterhouse Medium Rare, no sauces. Below is the image of Tomahawk from the same restaurant, couldn't find a Porterhouse image. I haven't tried it because it's way too big, heard it's 1.2kg or 1.5kg and being that size, I think it will be difficult to get the doneness well.

If I cook it myself at home, I do medium or medium well, with Striploin and very rarely Rib Eye.

blogdsc_1058.jpg

Raw if possible (tartar, kitfo, crudos, tataki). Rare or medium-rare depending on the cut, otherwise.

Back