How do you eat your steak?

Medium rare. Interesting I see alot of medium rares. I have several friends that claim that they like their steaks medium rare but whenever they are presented with one they won't eat it and claim its not finished.

Med-rare. But sometimes when I'm feeling extra animal I go rare.

Blue to medium rare, depending on the cut. A good filet mignon/tournedos, I'll take somewhere between blue and rare. A good ribeye, medium rare.

If it's a sauced dish, like tournedos rossini, I'll take it slightly more cooked as I don't think beef that's too rare can hold sauce very well, but never more than medium rare.

Medium rare... We took my wife's father out for dinner Saturday night and treated him to a $200+ meal... and he ordered his steak well done.... I couldn't believe it and it looked like sh*t compared to ours which were both amazing.

Depends on the cut of the meat obviously, most of the time rare or blue though.

I do love a tartare too if the meat's superb.

When I ate red meat it was always medium. I HATE that I cant process it anymore. :icon_cry2

Medium rare... We took my wife's father out for dinner Saturday night and treated him to a $200+ meal... and he ordered his steak well done.... I couldn't believe it and it looked like sh*t compared to ours which were both amazing.

Probably ordered a filet too...

When I worked in a steakhouse, the well done crowd generally liked better cuts of meat because that was the only way they could get it well done and not chip a tooth. If you order a strip well done, you'll chew it for days. I once had a guy order a filet and tell me he wanted it "like a hockey puck." I shed a tear.

Rare to medium-rare. Its embarassing as shit if your out with someone ordering medium+ steaks at a decent steakhouse. Seriously, learn to eat like an adult.

I let it sit at room temp for forty minutes prior to broiling. I also salt both sides to bring the juicy goodness to the surface.
Six or seven minutes per side, voila- medium rare perfection.
When plated, heavy on the fresh ground pepper and served with a stout beer.
Heaven.

Medium rare to medium well.

Cooking at home I try to get somewhere between medium rare and medium. If I'm at a chain steakhouse like Outback I go for medium. However, I went to Shaws Crab House a few weeks ago in Chicago and got the New York Strip and ordered medium-rare and it was magic.

Rare or medium rare depending on where I'm at or what I'm ordering. I can't stand anything higher than that.

Always rare. I grew up on well-done steaks and didn't know there was any other way to eat them until I moved away from my parents misguided influence.

Back